Progress in the Gazette....well, almost

For all things Wealdstone FC

Progress in the Gazette....well, almost

Postby Stoneme » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:30 pm

I understand a small piece is going in the Gazette tomorrow. However, a sub-editor I am determined to track down and shoot means there is a heinous error or two in the piece - refers to Aylesbury United, and not plain Aylesbury. Just thought I would pre-empt the moans. Apologies.
Stoneme

Re: Progress in the Gazette....well, almost

Postby Elmslie Ender » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:14 pm

Tim, will you be at the Stones game or H&Y cup match on the 24th? I'll be needing your twitter alerts....
Elmslie Ender

Postby Stoney Ground » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:19 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:Tim, will you be at the Stones game or H&Y cup match on the 24th? I'll be needing your twitter alerts....

If he can't make it i'll update you, or maybe Sarin could do it?
Stoney Ground

Postby Elmslie Ender » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:27 pm

Stoney Ground wrote:
Elmslie Ender wrote:Tim, will you be at the Stones game or H&Y cup match on the 24th? I'll be needing your twitter alerts....

If he can't make it i'll update you, or maybe Sarin could do it?

If Sarin is there then the crowd, and our support, will be huge as he has become the ultimate lapsed Stone :D
Elmslie Ender

Postby Sarin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:10 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:If Sarin is there then the crowd, and our support, will be huge as he has become the ultimate lapsed Stone :D

Still around doing things behind the scenes (as you well know).
Sarin

Postby Stoney Ground » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:17 pm

Sarin wrote:
Elmslie Ender wrote:If Sarin is there then the crowd, and our support, will be huge as he has become the ultimate lapsed Stone :D

That must have been a sharp pain between the shoulder blades.

Speak to Dom he'll give you a lift to Aylesbury.
Stoney Ground

Postby Sarin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:40 pm

[quote="Stoney Ground

That must have been a sharp pain between the shoulder blades.

[/quote]

Just goes to show, no-one's safe!
Sarin

Postby attic » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:46 pm

Sarin wrote:

I'm afraid my brother is now the ultimate yardstick as to the 'lapsed supporter'. Once dragging me out of the house to watch the Stones, and even including something Wealdstone related in his A level project. Now, lucky if he makes 2 games a season. He reckoned he was 100% coming to the Lewes game. Something obviously came up, and no, I don't mean that considering he's now married and probably lucky to get it once a month!
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby cardew the cad » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:35 am

fascinating though the inner workings of the Williams family are...back to the topic.

Hooray. We have an article in the Ruislip Gazette. it's a small article admittedly. It's an article riddled with errors admittedly. But it's an article.

Must drive you mad Tim all this ineptitude around you. Christ knows how error strewn the actual news stories are. For the record - we are playing Aylesbury United in the FAC 4th Qual. Kieron's goal was a brilliant individual effort.

To save you 65p. The remainder of the content involves Hayes not being a particularly nice place.
cardew the cad

Postby Stoneme » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:14 am

cardew the cad wrote:fascinating though the inner workings of the Williams family are...back to the topic.

Hooray. We have an article in the Ruislip Gazette. it's a small article admittedly. It's an article riddled with errors admittedly. But it's an article.

Must drive you mad Tim all this ineptitude around you. Christ knows how error strewn the actual news stories are. For the record - we are playing Aylesbury United in the FAC 4th Qual. Kieron's goal was a brilliant individual effort.

To save you 65p. The remainder of the content involves Hayes not being a particularly nice place.

I think describing it as 'riddled with errors' is somewhat unfair. I'm made no secret of the cock-up regarding the Cup opponents. I'll spill some of my blood and sent it you in the post.....;)
Stoneme

Next

Return to stonesnet forum