Mission Impossible Fans Night

For all things Wealdstone FC

Mission Impossible Fans Night

Postby Stoneage » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:24 pm

What a great gig! Pity more were not there to enjoy the music/banter/atmosphere and dare I say it - dancing. Besides not supporting a club event, they missed a wonderful night out.

Thanks to Dennis et al for organising it and the band - especially the singer and the saxophonist - for the entertainment.
Stoneage

Re: Mission Impossible Fans Night

Postby attic » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:33 am

It did look like numbers were going to be low. How many were there in the end?

But one thing I would say Wealdstone fans have been 'thrashed' a bit recently for the amount of hours they are investing into the club. Next weekend could possibly be another one of those late nights too.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby BKK » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:36 am

It is difficult I know but I have to be honest and say that the turn out last night for a so called 'fans night' was nothing less than pathetic.

Such a pity as the band was excellent entertainment.

About 45 people attended some of whom are not regular 'fans' as such but were very welcome. I was a little embarrassed to bring new visitors to RSC for such a low turnout.

Why is this? Well is it a surprise?
Cynicism and negativity is an easy and popular trait that is fed by failure. Success derives from someone, somewhere, being positive. Try it.
BKK

Postby Stone A Crow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:03 am

BKK wrote:It is difficult I know but I have to be honest and say that the turn out last night for a so called 'fans night' was nothing less than pathetic.

About 45 people attended some of whom are not regular 'fans' as such but were very welcome. I was a little embarrassed to bring new visitors to RSC for such a low turnout.

Too many events going on ..Fans cannot be expected to keep digging deep into their pockets..The same will happen on 21st Novenber
Stone A Crow

Postby BKK » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:53 am

Stone A Crow wrote:
BKK wrote:It is difficult I know but I have to be honest and say that the turn out last night for a so called 'fans night' was nothing less than pathetic.

Too many events going on ..Fans cannot be expected to keep digging deep into their pockets..The same will happen on 21st Novenber

You are probably right ..... if you are then they shouldn't be put on at all as this all costs money we can't afford to lose. Better to hire out the hall for a non club events with guaranteed numbers of bodies to spend money over the bar?
Cynicism and negativity is an easy and popular trait that is fed by failure. Success derives from someone, somewhere, being positive. Try it.
BKK

Postby attic » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:11 am

Stone A Crow wrote:Too many events going on ..Fans cannot be expected to keep digging deep into their pockets..The same will happen on 21st Novenber

It was worth a go. At least Dennis is prepared to try something different.

But maybe supporters would rather just chill out, relax over a beer at their own pace, rather than take part in anything official. The positive is that for the past 3 Saturday home games, theres been a healthy number of supporters (25+) drinking past 9pm. We also must have made a killing in getting the England game on, as the place was packed between 5-630pm last week.

I believe though, that we supporters have gone above and beyond the call of duty in our financial contribution to the Vale. Expecting more is simply getting greedy, and failing to focus on getting income from other sources.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Operation Wealdstone » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:34 pm

Cracking night down the vale last night......The Band where very good....Also there backing dancers :lol:
Operation Wealdstone

Postby chelski reject » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:38 pm

Think it was a mission impossible to do an all day-er. Hit the proverbial wall by mid evening and was unable to take any further part in the Beer-a-thon.
Dunno what it was yesterday -the game was never really out of second gear (compared to the recent treats we've been served up). I guess everyones minds ,players and fans, are distracted by what might happen next weekend.

Think the clubhouse could be seriously rocking next Saturday evening if supporters converge on it after the game.
chelski reject

Postby Operation Wealdstone » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:58 pm

Yesterday was a good day..It is so good to see the club moving forward also great we have so many new fans etc...Really enjoyed the drink after the game....Mind you my head this morning was a tad sore......
Operation Wealdstone

Postby TheMovieLife » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:25 am

For me it's really a case of not just having the money to spend and any money that I do have will be put towards getting into the matches, maybe a drink or two and some food. I know the football club need the money and need the support - but at the same time I need the money to pay rent etc. I can't go to everything that's put on.
TheMovieLife

Next

Return to stonesnet forum