Train to Aylesbury

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Train to Aylesbury

Postby woodman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:02 am

what is the right station to get off at? Aylesbury or Aylesbury Vale? Sorry if posted before.
woodman

Postby hillsy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:00 am

I think you have to get off at Aylesbury and then get on a branch line to Aylesbury Vale.
hillsy

Postby adamgloor » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:21 am

From Aylesbury Secretary: "If you are coming from Harrow, take the tyrain to Aylesbury Main Line Station (not Vale). The bus station is right cross the road from Station, the no:2 bus comes right to the ground and costs £1.90 and runs every 15 minutes. A cab £3. Entrance fee £8.
This is also in the award winning Wealdstone programme from last week...

The Vale ststion is nearer but apparently you can't easily walk to the ground from there due mainly to no pavements. No buses or cabs likely there either.
Surely the entrance fee has to rise to meet ours? Don't they need to be the same as each other or I imagining things?
The trains leave Harrow on the Hill at 09 and 39 past the hour all day, direct to Aylesbury. Platform one!
adamgloor

Postby TheMovieLife » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:22 am

why would they need to charge the same as ours? This certainly doesn't happen in the football league, I've never experienced it anyway with Watford.
TheMovieLife

Postby adamgloor » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:35 am

From the FA website

c.Immediately after the draw is known, the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the prices of admission subject to the following conditions:

i.Except where mutually agreed otherwise the minimum admission (except to children and senior citizens) to matches shall be:

In the Extra-Preliminary, Preliminary and First Round Qualifying: £3.00

In the Second and Third Rounds Qualifying: £5.00

In the Fourth Round Qualifying: £6.00

In the First and Second Round Proper: £10.00

In the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Round Proper: £15.00

ii.A higher admission charge may be mutually agreed between the Clubs concerned. The Away Club's spectators can only be charged more than the home team if agreed by both clubs.

iii.The price for admission for children and senior citizens must be mutually agreed between the Clubs concerned.

From this it looks like £8 is fine, but don't understand what they mean by mutual agreement. Does this mean we would only charge £8 for a replay if Aylesbury didn't agree to our charging a tenner? Or, does this mean I don't understand what I'm on about?
adamgloor

Postby TheMovieLife » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:39 am

I think the home team sets the price - tells the away team, and the away team then either agree to that or suggest a new price. I imagine everyone seemed happy with £8 and we went with that. It'll save me £4 on the day I guess.
TheMovieLife

Postby WfcGooner » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:45 am

The admission prices don't need to be the same.

Rule 20 (c) states:
Immediately after the draw is known, the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the prices of admission subject to the following conditions:
(i) Except where mutually agreed otherwise the minimum admission (except to children and senior citizens) to matches shall be:
...In the Fourth Round Qualifying: £6.00
In the First and Second Round Proper: £10.00

The rules also states that the cost of ref's and linos rockets up from this point.
4th Qual:
Referee, £90.00 (from £50); Assistant Referees, £45.00 each (£30); Fourth Official, £30.00 (£0)
Plus meal allowance of between £15 and £25 each (who ate all the pies, etc)!
1st Proper:
Referee, £285.00; Assistant Referees, £145.00 each, Fourth Official, £70.00

I hope they're worth it (but I bet they're not!)

All this and more interesting facts (i.e. full rules) at http://tiny.cc/0M8gP
WfcGooner

Postby Hatch End Casuals » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:48 am

Its not why would they charge the same more a case of their allowed to charge what we normaly do,and quite fairly they have only increased admission by £1 from the last round.
Hatch End Casuals

Postby TheMovieLife » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:14 am

£8 is a decent price really - it's one of the games we're all looking forward to, most of us "happily" pay £10 at the Vale for less glamorous ties!
TheMovieLife

Postby hillsy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:22 am

I'd happily pay £50 to get in if it means we get through :P
hillsy

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum