FA Cup Preview

For all things Wealdstone FC

FA Cup Preview

Postby BKK » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:01 pm

Will appear on our website sometime soon!

FA Cup, final qualifying round Preview: Aylesbury v Wealdstone - Saturday 24 October 2009

COMPLACENCY IS NOT AN OPTION!

Wealdstone travel the relatively short distance to Molten South Midlands Premier League side Aylesbury this Saturday (24 October) for what
is Stones most important Cup match for over 20 years. Aylesbury may be the lowest ranked side left in the final FA Cup
qualifying round stage but no one should be fooled by that tag and complacency is simply not an option for Wealdstone.

For Aylesbury, this crucial FA Cup 4th and final qualifying round clash is without doubt the most important match in their entire, but
relatively short, history as it will give them the possible chance to be pitted against Southampton, Charlton or Leeds United in the first
round proper.

The Moles have an experienced side capable of more than holding their own at a higher level as they have most of last season's Aylesbury
United squad, moreover any side that has battled through to the crucial 4th Qualifying stage must be a capable outfit. They were
unbeaten in their league until last Saturday and have only conceded twice in that competition.They overcame a strong Chesham side in
the last round of the Cup, although The Generals did manage to score three times in a fiesty encounter that brought 11 yellow cards and a
sending off.

But Stones will not need to fear anyone at this stage, and will be in confident mood following their recent excellent run in the league
and their clinical disposal of a higher placed Lewes side in the previous round. They will be assessing any fitness issues amongst the
squad following the tough run-in games against Margate last weekend in the FA Trophy and AFC Hornchurch this Tuesday evening in the
league.

Wealdstone Manager Gordon Bartlett is the first to recognise that complacency is out the question: 'This match represents a massive banana
skin and I am sure that Chesham thought that they would beat them in the last round. Complacency will not be an option. We will have done
our homework thoroughly and if we play to our capabilities we are confident - but so will they be'

So the scene is set for a clash of epic proportions for the prize of a place in the first round proper of the greatest Cup competition in
the world and a very rare chance to play against one of football's big boys.

Several hundred Stones fans are expected to travel to Buckinghamshire on Saturday.

Aylesbury FC is located at:

Aylesbury FC Sports & Social Club
Haywood Way
Aylesbury
Bucks
HP19 9WZ

Kick off is at 3PM

FA Prize money: £12,500 to the winning club
Cynicism and negativity is an easy and popular trait that is fed by failure. Success derives from someone, somewhere, being positive. Try it.
BKK

Re: FA Cup Preview

Postby bankzzy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:12 pm

BKK wrote:Several hundred Stones fans are expected to travel to Buckinghamshire on Saturday.

Wow, where are all these supporters at home games? Bloody glory seekers!! :P
bankzzy

Postby BKK » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Well we did have over 500 at home v Lewes!
Cynicism and negativity is an easy and popular trait that is fed by failure. Success derives from someone, somewhere, being positive. Try it.
BKK

Postby chelski reject » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:07 pm

Having been casting my critical eye over the local rags - think the Harry O has done a good job, well done stone me.Noticed the smallish column entitled 'when saturday comes' which gives a brief resume of local teams games this weekend.What a good idea :D

In the freebies the Harrow Times has the headline 'Stones set for massive FA Cup tie' on the back page.i've noticed before that the guy that writes up these articles is a gent called Simon Mail - good work, sir!

The Harrow Leader (which is the free version of the Harry O/trinity south)runs with the big sports story of the week 'I'm at Lord's for learning' about somebody who plays cricket ,probably as I didn't get further with reading the article as too incandescent with rage :twisted: :evil: Not a sausage about football at all.
chelski reject

Postby Stoneme » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:27 pm

chelski reject wrote:Having been casting my critical eye over the local rags - think the Harry O has done a good job, well done stone me.Noticed the smallish column entitled 'when saturday comes' which gives a brief resume of local teams games this weekend.What a good idea :D

In the freebies the Harrow Times has the headline 'Stones set for massive FA Cup tie' on the back page.i've noticed before that the guy that writes up these articles is a gent called Simon Mail - good work, sir!

The Harrow Leader (which is the free version of the Harry O/trinity south)runs with the big sports story of the week 'I'm at Lord's for learning' about somebody who plays cricket ,probably as I didn't get further with reading the article as too incandescent with rage :twisted: :evil: Not a sausage about football at all.

Ta very much. As for my old mucker Simon Mail, the last time he attended the Vale was the pre-season win over Watford - last season. He also bears an uncanny resemblance to Family Guy sex nut Glen Quagmire.
Stoneme

Postby BKK » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:14 pm

"Saturday is only an important match if we win otherwise it will be the biggest disappointment we've had in 20 years," said Stones boss Gordon Bartlett.

No pressure there then GB!! :roll:
BKK

Return to stonesnet forum