DENNIS BYATT

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: DENNIS BYATT

Postby Blue & White Army » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:36 pm

Blue & White Army

Postby Whatmough » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:27 pm

"It is about the position and the fact that for many reasons, selling a non league football team is very hard work at present, particularly in this economy where many of the companies you might hope will support you financially are themselves laying off people and cutting costs...Perversely of course income remains our priority. But we need to find a more cost efficient and a different way of organising ourselves. This we are doing now and will announce soon."

Would it not have been better to announce the redunduncy and the new plan at the same time? Announcing it like this means that it looks like you have not thought about it.
Whatmough

Postby Stones Throw » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Wasnt Dennis working for both the Football Club and the Social Club? I hope for the Social clubs sake he is still involved somehow. Don't be under any misunderstanding the only reason Vinnie did the golf day was because of Dennis, not the football club alone. I think any chance of seeing Vinnie down again is certainly further away now. Could the football club operate with a commercial person full-time? God only knows, but we have had a few of them and they never seem to be given long / or stick around long. I don't know Dennis that well but having done various things with him over the last year it was clear to me he was always going to find it hard trying to get money for a local club and did a pretty good job considering the economic climate. Thanks for what you have done.
Stones Throw

Postby Operation Wealdstone » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:58 pm

Now the job has been made redundant where do we has a club go on an Commercial front? It now means someone doing it for free??
Operation Wealdstone

Postby saul » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:55 am

read When Saturday Comes. A concern. www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/3898/38
saul

Postby rattus » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:45 am

sad news indeed and best wishes for the future.I wonder if anyone can help as I had been in conversation with Dennis about match sponsorship and i was waiting for a reply to a proposal and don't know who to contact now.someone to PM will suffice.
rattus

Postby cardew the cad » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:46 am

speak to Wobs or Howard tomorow.
cardew the cad

Postby Elmslie Ender » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:27 pm

Operation Wealdstone wrote:Now the job has been made redundant where do we has a club go on an Commercial front? It now means someone doing it for free??

As the chairman's blog suggest, Dennis was struggling to cover his own cost let alone additional income, which made the job untenable. To be honest, it was a thankless task when Dennis took on the role. We don't have the profile or the supporter base to make the job even remotely easy even without the recession. DB was on a hiding to nothing from the beginining.

At a club of our size, one person should be doing the operations manager's job at RMSC, the commerical job at WFC and probably even the lottery, then it might become commerically viable. Leo now does the operations manager's job, Nick D the lottery, unpaid, which means there isn;t room for a paid commercial manager. I suspect that either Leo will take on the commercial role or the new board member.
Elmslie Ender

Postby Stoned In Love » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:46 pm

Sorry to see this news about Dennis, the task set him was a big ask in this current economic climate...
What a great jolly chap, he did a fabulous job for this club, hope he is big enough to still attend matches.
I'm sure the fans will still see him as a club legend.
Stoned In Love

Postby kit man » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:29 pm

At a club of our size, one person should be doing the operations manager's job at RMSC, the commerical job at WFC and probably even the lottery, then it might become commerically viable

RMSC and WFC are two seperate entities entirely.
kit man

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum