Our previous 2 4th Round Qualifying games

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Our previous 2 4th Round Qualifying games

Postby Blue & White Army » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:01 pm

Not that day, trust me!
Blue & White Army

Postby Stoney Ground » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:16 pm

attic wrote:And courtesy the Rogersaurus, heres the team that took to the field that day:

1) Alex Welsh A very good keeper actually. God knows why he decided to play for us.
2) Francicso Rivero Flash name, but thats all.
3) Tony Isaacs Was once mistakedly abused by us when we thought we was the opposition sub warming up!
4) Dennis Byatt Total bottler, did he ever win a challenge? *
5) Paul Bowgett Another wimp. Never did anything during his Wealdstone career. *
6) R Wainwright Couldnt pass the ball to save his life.*
7) Paddy McCarthy Ran around in circles like a demented gerbil. Achieved little.
8) Martin Hirst You can afford to be laid back when you are brilliant. But brilliant and this player don't sit easily.
9) Mick Pittaway Once a rated player, but totally shocking by the time we signed him. Pitiful Pittaway.
10) Mick Perry Promising young striker who never really stood a chance in this team.
11) Byron Walton Scored at a lower level, but never good enough for us.

* = actually Wealdstone legends

Not selected that day but travelled in the squad D.Cross, and Guvnor still reminds me I haven't played in the FA Cup but he has.
Stoney Ground

Postby Hatch End Casuals » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:50 pm

Blue & White Army wrote:Not that day, trust me!

Like i said not for everyone. ;)
Hatch End Casuals

Postby attic » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:58 pm

And that 'team' was managed by Colin Meldrum, of whom must surely go down as the worst manager in the history of Wealdstone FC. Whilst some may state Dennis Byatt's results were bad, he was more or less thrown in at the deep end, to a club whom were virtually moribound. And at least he did manage to put some decent results together with the team he inherited from Brian Hall's second stint.

But Meldrum. Considering we were still a massive name in non League football, why? Surely we could have brought in someone with half an idea? Its also true, that before that game that included Don Cross and Phil Jackson in the line up, we only had 8 fit players a day before the game!! No wonder he had to go!
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby hillsy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:31 am

Stoney Ground wrote:Not selected that day but travelled in the squad D.Cross, and Guvnor still reminds me I haven't played in the FA Cup but he has.

...and me ;-)
hillsy

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum