Gutted for Greg

For all things Wealdstone FC

Gutted for Greg

Postby Stoney Ground » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:52 pm

Really disapointed with the sending off, Greg should not of got involved, but Boyce was the instigtor and pushed and slapped Greg a couple of times and he retaliated in a similar manner.

My big problem is that the ref had dealt with the situation as he saw fit, but then the assistant who was 30 yards away and had players between him and the situation then gets involved. Both players had moved away from the ref and accepted the outcome, until the Ass realised that there was a camera crew at the game and he could get on You Tube or a news reel some where.
Stoney Ground

Re: Gutted for Greg

Postby russpa » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:57 pm

I agree in respect what your saying...but greg will have to learn the hard way sadly and he will be choked and wish he could turn back time...the weird thing was he moved away quickly ready for a quick free kick but sadly it was not taken quick...you can not raise your hands in football he knows and it takes a bigger man to just ignore what is happening than to retaliate...
russpa

Postby attic » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:02 pm

its easy to say from the terraces, but Greg was a silly boy. Simple as that. 3-2 up having been 2 down theres just no need for it. Agree Boyce was equally to blame and should have been carded, but that sending off could have cost us.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Essex Stones » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:48 pm

greg was silly and wil have to learn if we go up or push nearer the top that the c/ backs will kick him all day waiting for a re action ( im sure Massey does the same at the other end!)

the annoying thing was the ref didnt see it and the linesmen only got involed as he was egged on by the odd aylesbury fans right behind him !!!

let them off they prob see Boyce as a hero !!!

have to say to be fair the Ref had a good game, and dont think we can argue with much

UP THE STONES!!!!!!!
Essex Stones

Postby Stones Throw » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:02 pm

Greg will surely miss the next round? All we need when we are trying to beat Charlton. I didnt see the handbags. Is it worth trying to appeal?
Stones Throw

Postby Stones Throw » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:02 pm

Greg will surely miss the next round? All we need when we are trying to beat Charlton. I didnt see the handbags. Is it worth trying to appeal?
Stones Throw

Postby TheMovieLife » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:41 pm

from where I was stood it was a clear red card, so an appeal wouldn't be sensible as then he could miss a fourth game.
TheMovieLife

Return to stonesnet forum