typical paulton rovers earmarked for live sky game

For all things Wealdstone FC

typical paulton rovers earmarked for live sky game

Postby russpa » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:24 pm

looked at their website and sky have earmarked them for live coverage versus norwich city

lol alias charlton
Last edited by russpa on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russpa

Re: typical paulton rovers earmarked for live sky game

Postby Curtis » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:49 pm

i think you mean v norwich as charlton are at northwich
Curtis

Postby cardew the cad » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:13 am

What's your source for this?
Sky don't have the rights to the FA Cup this year unless something has been signed in the last day.
cardew the cad

Postby attic » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:24 am

I'm afraid this was always going to be the case for the 'giantkiller game'.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby cardew the cad » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:31 am

but do they mean ITV rather than Sky?

Cos if Sky have got the rights then there'll be more TV games. It's just that I don't think they have as there's nothing about it on the the Sky website.

I mean, it wouldn't be like Russpa to post information up without checking or reading it back to see if it made any sense would it ?
cardew the cad

Postby russpa » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:02 pm

CARDEW i just got it off their website that is what it says sky have earmarked them for the game so unless their website is telling porkies :!: :!:

A life-changing experience' - that is how Paulton Rovers boss Andrew Jones has described his heroic side's forthcoming FA Cup tie against Norwich City.
Zamaretto League Division 1 South & West outfit Paulton - the lowest-ranked team left in this year's competition - are set to appear live on Sky TV after being drawn at home to the League 1 high-fliers in the first round proper.

And Jones admitted he was pinching himself at the thought of his minnows taking on a club which has reached the FA Cup semi-finals on three occasions.

"I still can't believe it, it's an incredible draw," said the boss, whose side have already dispatched higher-league Newport County and Chippenham Town to reach the first round proper for the first time in the club's history.

"It is one of the biggest games we could have got and we are at home so we could not have asked for anything more.

"It is one of those things you dream about and you hope that one day you will get a taste of that dream.
"This game will be a life-changing experience for the players and the club."

Jones and his players watched the draw live on television at Rovers' Winterfield Road stadium.

"There was a big cheer when we came out of the hat at home," said the boss. "Then there was a ginormous cheer when Norwich came out!

"We have been earmarked by Sky TV as one of their live games and we are having a meeting with the FA tomorrow (NB now likely to be Tuesday morning) to ensure we can host the tie. We definitely want to hold it here and we don't see any problems."
russpa

Return to stonesnet forum