hope this isn't untidy but>>>

For all things Wealdstone FC

hope this isn't untidy but>>>

Postby dulwichyiddo » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:19 pm

>>>>do we actually WANT to go any further in the cup? it is all great fun, of course, but can totally bugger up any club's season. history is littered with NL giant killers who suffered a hangover afterwards. could cost us a play-off spot. mind you, cup cash is a big factor too.
dulwichyiddo

Re: hope this isn't untidy but>>>

Postby attic » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:20 pm

Thats a bit like asking whether the Pope is Catholic.

Of course we want to f***ing go further!!!! A decent cup run can financially set a club up for years.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Ronnie » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:21 pm

What a ridiculous question! These absentee 'fans' need to get in the real world.
Ronnie

Postby RAYNERS BLUE » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:23 pm

stupid question! We want to go as far as we can in all competitions! get a life!
RAYNERS BLUE

Postby Operation Wealdstone » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:28 pm

dulwichyiddo wrote:>>>>do we actually WANT to go any further in the cup? it is all great fun, of course, but can totally bugger up any club's season. history is littered with NL giant killers who suffered a hangover afterwards. could cost us a play-off spot. mind you, cup cash is a big factor too.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Operation Wealdstone

Postby rattus » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:55 pm

RAYNERS BLUE wrote:stupid question! We want to go as far as we can in all competitions! get a life!

Dunno about ALL the cups.......certainly not bothered about county cup and even the trophy doesn't really float my boat,especially as any injuries picked up next week against the scum could jeopardise our chances against Rotherham.Got to have best team out week after week for the league games to ensure the play-off spot .FA cup run a huge bonus and the only one to really get excited about,IMO
rattus

Postby hillsy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:25 pm

Told !!!
hillsy

Postby Hatch End Casuals » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:28 pm

What would it take for some of the absent supporting posters on here to attend a game :?: .This is an incredible season and yet your still not coming ,Dulwich yiddo if we was to draw man u could you be tempted,come on get on board. :roll: Its fine to have an opinion on matters but believe me actually watching these games is like counting the dough at your bermitzva and your first bunk up all rolled into one. ;)
Hatch End Casuals

Postby dulwichyiddo » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:44 pm

oh dear, oh dear. such a hostile and in one case offensive response. I was merely pointing out that NL clubs historically have a severe hangover after a brilliant FA cup run. farnboro, for example, once got a third round replay with west ham, losing 1-0 at upton park. they were relegated that season.
presumably wealdstone want to make the play-offs at least and eventually regain their rightful place in blue sq prem
for the benefit of whoever regards me as an alleged "fan", I was a regular at lower mead from 1953 onwards and indeed rang a bell with eric metcalfe behind a goal for years. now 68, I run a business which requires my attendance on saturday afternoons.
as roger slater tolds me once, "you don't have to be there to care."
I thank you.
dulwichyiddo

Postby Stoney Ground » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:50 pm

dulwichyiddo wrote:oh dear, oh dear. such a hostile and in one case offensive response. I was merely pointing out that NL clubs historically have a severe hangover after a brilliant FA cup run. farnboro, for example, once got a third round replay with west ham, losing 1-0 at upton park. they were relegated that season.
presumably wealdstone want to make the play-offs at least and eventually regain their rightful place in blue sq prem
for the benefit of whoever regards me as an alleged "fan", I was a regular at lower mead from 1953 onwards and indeed rang a bell with eric metcalfe behind a goal for years. now 68, I run a business which requires my attendance on saturday afternoons.
as roger slater tolds me once, "you don't have to be there to care."
I thank you.

And who listens to Roger Slater
Stoney Ground

Next

Return to stonesnet forum