hope this isn't untidy but>>>

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: hope this isn't untidy but>>>

Postby attic » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:56 pm

I'm sorry Dulwich Yiddo, but there is no such thing as an armchair fan at non league level.

At the top level its rife, but at ours, no, I won't have it.

Possibly what Roger is referring to is not being there due to other commitments, whilst making the effort to attend games when you can.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Blue & White Army » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:03 pm

I run a business which requires my attendance on saturday afternoons.

We play most Tuesdays as well.
Blue & White Army

Postby Hatch End Casuals » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:29 pm

dulwichyiddo wrote:oh dear, oh dear. such a hostile and in one case offensive response. I was merely pointing out that NL clubs historically have a severe hangover after a brilliant FA cup run. farnboro, for example, once got a third round replay with west ham, losing 1-0 at upton park. they were relegated that season.
presumably wealdstone want to make the play-offs at least and eventually regain their rightful place in blue sq prem
for the benefit of whoever regards me as an alleged "fan", I was a regular at lower mead from 1953 onwards and indeed rang a bell with eric metcalfe behind a goal for years. now 68, I run a business which requires my attendance on saturday afternoons.
as roger slater tolds me once, "you don't have to be there to care."
I thank you.

Hostile,offensive come on you sound ridiculous its banter my boy now when i grab korankenfromkenton round the neck and scream britney spears down his earhole in hebru thats offensive. :lol:
Hatch End Casuals

Postby megaphone » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:34 pm

Again I would say this isn't the time to alienate anybody, armchair fans included. At least Mr Hardy does care about the club unlike another so called ex fan who said he felt 'nothing' when Wealdstone won their play off at Dulwich. Mind you, he was probably boring the pants off people on the (*delete where appropriate) Hearts/ Norwich City/ Boston Redsox forum at the time............. :lol:
megaphone

Postby dulwichyiddo » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:20 pm

I have no idea what you are on about, mate. fyi, I am not jewish and try not to walk anywhere, particularly on a saturday. the name comes from my other club which is tottenham hotspur. wealdstone is and always will be my first and greatest football love. why wouldn't any of you listen to roger slater? he is a stone og long standing. stop being so prickly. the cup suggestion is just an opinion. no more or less valid than anyone elses.
dulwichyiddo

Postby Jon » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:25 pm

Come on lads lets all be nice to each other.
As a Spurs fan you have to respect dulwichyiddo is not used to juggling or prioritising league and cup campaigns!
Jon

Postby PA peter j-b » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:27 pm

dulwichyiddo wrote:I have no idea what you are on about, mate. fyi, I am not jewish and try not to walk anywhere, particularly on a saturday. the name comes from my other club which is tottenham hotspur. wealdstone is and always will be my first and greatest football love. why wouldn't any of you listen to roger slater? he is a stone og long standing. stop being so prickly. the cup suggestion is just an opinion. no more or less valid than anyone elses.

What do you suggest Gordon does then.

Pick a weakened team v Rotherham or tell the players to not bother trying?

If we did either we'd not go up anyway because a good percentage of our excellent squad would decide to move on from a club that had no ambition
Can we not knock it?
PA peter j-b

Postby charlie » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:29 pm

Stones need money and the Trophy IS as important as the cup. We have won just shy of £30k in the FA Cup, and we can win the same money plus more in the Trophy.

But as we all Know Tis a funny old game and two defeats in two weeks , funs over, no more prize money. Get it 50% right we are still £ in. We have lost two generations of young fans because of lack of, yes, ground but more important publicity thro Cup success. Ask Harrow youngsters about the stones, they havent a scobby tis all Chelsea, Arsenal etc etc.

Dulwich Yiddo u enjoyed great crowds watching stones because they had success in Cup and also League. We want to win every F**K**g game.

So at 68 Dulwich yiddo give yourself a break and watch the Stones saturday, against a team who need no motivation to beat us.
Close the shop, christ sake man, your past retirement age, and ask for WH Steve to have your picture taken..

Remember Spurs are well Spurs but STONES are the real deal...
charlie

Postby attic » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:34 pm

I can't believe some people are turning their noses down at Rotherham for f**k sake!!!

Lets have a look at some of the teams we have played in the FA competitions down the years.

Great Wakering
Staines
Hampton
Bedford
Borehamwood
St Margaretsbury
Hoddesdon
Horsham
Grays Ath
Potters Bar
Leighton Town
Bishops Stortford

All really gripping stuff eh!!!
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby dulwichyiddo » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:41 pm

who is dissing the rotherham match? it is going to be a great day for wealdstone, a full house and a real chance of an upset. I really want stones to do well, as I have always done every game. clearly I am not as dedicated as some of you these days. it comes of being clapped out and not totally mobile. can't do much more. sorry.
dulwichyiddo

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum