Stones newest supporter :-)

For all things Wealdstone FC

Stones newest supporter :-)

Postby TommyCockles » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:55 pm

Most of you won’t have a clue who I am but through Grim I’ve been following the fortunes of the Stones for a fair few years now and have always looked out for their results. Grim is a mate of mine from work (though he’ll tell you all differently I’m sure!) and I know that he’ll abuse me for writing this but I just wanted to let all of you other Stones know that I now consider myself to be your newest supporter.

I was fortunate enough to be at Saturday’s game at Aylesbury (only my 3rd and a half game watching the Stones) and I have to say that I loved every minute of it and I feel now like I’ve been following the Stones all my life. I’m a Diehard Hammer by birth I can only put it down to the fact that (like most Hammers fans) the Wealdstone followers are proper football supporters whose passion for their club is unquestionable.

Saturday’s performance by the team and the supporters was brilliant and the way the lads kept going speaks volumes about the spirit that exists at the club. I live over the other side of town but I hope to get over to the Vale for as many games as I possibly can in the future and if I didn’t have my daughter staying with me next weekend I’d have been at the Scummers FAT game next week for certain! Ticket arrangements permitting, (in other words……… as long as I can get one!) I will be there for the Rotherham game and look forward to cheering on the Stones again with the added bonus of watching Grim suffer............... life does have its little bonuses! ;)

Up the Stones!
TommyCockles

Re: Stones newest supporter :-)

Postby TheMovieLife » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:02 pm

I'm at least the second newest supporter now then...oh well. I think you'll be fine getting into the Rotherham game!
TheMovieLife

Postby hillsy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:23 pm

TommyCockles wrote:Saturday’s performance by the team and the supporters was brilliant and the way the lads kept going speaks volumes about the spirit that exists at the club.

I told ya...every confidence we'd win that ;-)
hillsy

Postby Enfield Stones » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:24 pm

Welcome aboard, not sure who this Grim character is....Is he a new fan aswell !!??

Jez
Enfield Stones

Postby cardew the cad » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:41 pm

all aboard...
cardew the cad

Postby s.k.khanna » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Welcome aboard, not sure who this Grim character is....Is he a new fan aswell !!??

Good news Jez…Grim is in fact an old supporter who you may remember used to sell programmes at our old Lower Mead ground…
He was there at Aylesbury on Saturday and gave me a hug at the end of the game…I thought it was some old perv at first until I realised who it was!
Asked why he didn’t come to Wealdstone games any more and went on about having been married to three separate women and having seven or eight kids…
He did mention a fourth wife now departed as she was buried under a patio somewhere…
;)
s.k.khanna

Postby grim » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:10 am

Enfield Stones wrote:Welcome aboard, not sure who this Grim character is....Is he a new fan aswell !!??

Jez

Yeah normally I prefer firework displays
grim

Return to stonesnet forum