Four goals...

For all things Wealdstone FC

Four goals...

Postby hillsy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:36 pm

...all celebrated in a different manner.

Ngoyi's goal was (though this probably sounds stupid) the most important goal...celebrated in a manner of 'yes, we're back in it!'.

Ashe's first goal was strange because from where I was (I couldn't see it cross the line). So I just had to wait for everyone else to start cheering. Then it a case 'it's on, we're gonna do this'.

Forbesy's goal...wow! I've never celebrated so much in my life! I didn't know what to do with myself...I think I just hugged anyone, ran around in circles! The manner of the goal, the ocassion, the pandemonium! Never a better feeling!

Ashe's second goal - was just party time. Wasn't sure if it was gonna going to be allowed. Seemed to happen in slow motion.

4 goals - all seemingly celebrated in a slightly different way. Wonderful though.
hillsy

Re: Four goals...

Postby TommyCockles » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:01 pm

Good observation Hillsy. My take on the goals as follows:-

1) A fantastic strikers goal created out of nothing and lashed into the roof of the net on the turn............ game on.
2) Good quick passing move followed by a teaser of a shot that took what seemed like forever to cross the line.
3) A truly beautiful goal - brilliant mazey run with the ball seemingly glued to his feet (think Charles 'Charlie' Charles!) and sublime finish followed by fabulous celebrations all round!!
4) I agree completely........... seemed to be in slow motion though surely if the goal hadn't been given then it was a clear Stones pen?

I'm sure I told I told you the same at half time?............ every confidence that we'd win! I thought that 2nd half was pretty much one way traffic - their keeper kept it fairly respectable :-)
Last edited by TommyCockles on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
TommyCockles

Postby adamgloor » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:12 pm

The fourth goal was a little strange. Not that I saw any problem with it's legitimancy. The ref made an exaggerated point towards the half way line which looked more like he was awarding a free kick to them. The ploayers didn't over celebrate either. The crowd only gradually realised it was given thus diluting the usual YES!!! moment. Still it counted and it was game over.
adamgloor

Postby attic » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:53 pm

1) Half a cheer as although we were back in the game, we looked so fragile at the back. Was also debating the thus far poor performance with McKay.

2) Far more hearty, and already I got the feeling that the game was ours. Lots of jumping around, and dancing like a gansta bodypopping whilst being sprayed with machine gun fire at the same time.

3) YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!! Bedlam!! Probably the biggest relief of tension since Jolly's penalty went in at Dulwich. 'Drill Bits' onto the pitch, then me and Hatch End Casuals. If the first celebration was a hand grenade, this one was a nuke.

4) A celebration in the style of a woman. Ie couldnt quite a make the mind up! Yeeeeeeessss!, oh its been disallowed, no it hasnt! Yihooo!!!! COME ON!!!!! Get in there, 2-0 and you f****d it up etc!!!!!
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Blue & White Army » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:17 pm

I couldn’t see the point of the “two nil and you fu*ked it up song”. I could understand giving that tos*er Boyce some stick but as for the rest of the players none of them gave it the biggun etc and it’s not as if we were having a sing off with their fans!
Have to say, I thought Aylesbury handled the whole day superbly and from bar staff to the Stewards they really gave us a welcome. Mind you I’d say they did well out of us too.
As an aside it would have been nice to have had a rendition of “one Dennis Byatt” after the week he’d had. Thought it was very big of him to turn up and hope he continues to.

Roll on Saturday and more of the same.

As for the goals...
1. Almost dropped my burger
2. Was on the steps outside the bar, great scenes on and off the pitch
3. Bedlam behind the goal
4. Get in there, have that Boyce you wan*er
Blue & White Army

Postby PA peter j-b » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:37 pm

Blue & White Army wrote:I couldn’t see the point of the “two nil and you fu*ked it up song”.

I agree.

I couldnt bring myself to join in with that. Or the' Gordon, Gordon whats the score'

Gordon cant and wouldnt react to that. It would be disrespectful to the opposition and he's got far too much class and Plymouth for that.
Can we not knock it?
PA peter j-b

Postby PA peter j-b » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:39 pm

Blue & White Army wrote:As an aside it would have been nice to have had a rendition of “one Dennis Byatt” after the week he’d had.

Whats up with your voice then?

You could have started it

;)
Can we not knock it?
PA peter j-b

Postby RichardMellor » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:42 pm

Blue & White Army wrote:As an aside it would have been nice to have had a rendition of “one Dennis Byatt” after the week he’d had. Thought it was very big of him to turn up and hope he continues to.

Dennis told me he had come along to 'say some goodbyes' and he wouldn't be back.

I honestly hope that isn't the case.
RichardMellor

Postby Blue & White Army » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:50 pm

PA peter j-b wrote:
Blue & White Army wrote:As an aside it would have been nice to have had a rendition of “one Dennis Byatt” after the week he’d had.

Whats up with your voice then?

You could have started it

;)

I dont like him ;)

Point taken though :oops:
Blue & White Army

Return to stonesnet forum