Very satisfying win today in slightly tricky conditions. The obvious positive today was the form of what must surely be our best combination up front in the form of McGleish and Moore. Both got on the scoresheet again and both put in a decent all round display including defending from the front which takes the pressure off the midfield somewhat.
1) Banks 7 Saved a penalty and assured in goal. Must stay number one now.
2) Hammond 6 Some moments of inspiration but a howler too. Would be automatic choice if he cut out the latter.
3) Chappell 7 Not bad for a bloke who could barely move just a week ago! Got forward well, unlucky with a fierce shot.
4) Parker 6 What was you doing for the penalty Wes! Other than that, kept them at bay.
5) Locke 6 Stood in for Cronin and a steady performance.
6) Oleary 7 Signs of getting back to his best today. Vital this continues.
7) James 6 Steady performance but seems to do better coming off the bench.
8) Bailey 6 Has some quality and showed it in fits and spurts. Dark horse who may prove to be the answer.
9) McGleish 8 Cracking all round display of forward play. Held the ball up, defended, caused problems, scored.
10) Moore 7 Starting to show what he can do at the right time. Vital he carries this on.
11) Pett 7 Buzzed around and a thorn in their side all afternoon.
Dean 7 Good little cameo on the right hand side. Showed energy, got crosses in, should he start here?
McCubbin 7 Another good performance from the bench. Did well in central midfield.
The team is shaping up nicely as we line up for what is considered 'final approach'. Theres 8 or 9 definite starters out there now with possibly only the right back, right midfield and a central midfield position to finalise.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.