Lost 1 - 3 to Bath City

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Lost 1 - 3 to Bath City

Postby The Guvnor » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:10 pm

A very meek surrender which cannot be tolerated in a game such as this. The game was played in a more open fashion than we are used to and clearly it suited them more than us, so for those clamouring for two up front that's why we don't. Our recent unbeaten run was probably the most unconvincing ever and our luck just ran out. The concern I have now is that we embark on a bit of a losing run as all the evidence points to that being very possible. Even more of a concern was Saturdays performance was every bit as bad as those early in the season so we really need to put those thoughts to bed against Chelmsford at the weekend. Not really sure where we go from here, I felt a bit of dissent on the terraces which has not been there before and I think quite a few fans felt let down by the team in what was a biggish game on Saturday. The signs are not good but we all live in hope.
The Guvnor

Postby Ronnie » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:31 am

Good luck to Bath City in their replay with Dover tonight, only 2 late goals denied them at the Crabble to force a replay. North Ferriby await in the semi final, a great chance for a Connie South team to go all the way and a proper one at that.
Ronnie

Postby Bananas » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:54 pm

Ronnie wrote:Good luck to Bath City in their replay with Dover tonight, only 2 late goals denied them at the Crabble to force a replay. North Ferriby await in the semi final, a great chance for a Connie South team to go all the way and a proper one at that.

They've only gone and beaten Dover...

Hats off to them.
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby timfparks » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:36 am

If they can beat North Ferriby over two legs we'll have to welcome them to the Vale for the Final on sunday March 29 (1.30pm).. Plenty of space for their 30 coaches.
Bath are still poorly followed though. Only 800 odd for last night's replay and they're just aiming for over 1,000 for the home leg of their semi.
Good luck to the Romans! Wrexham or Torquay will be tough opponents if they get through though...
timfparks

Postby Elmslie Ender » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:51 am

Actually I reckon ex Harrow Observer reporter Tim Edwards would try and get the taffies into the Vale & we have a supporter or two that are Torquay fans as well, so there might be a rush to get in quick. :D
Elmslie Ender

Postby Bananas » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:14 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:Actually I reckon ex Harrow Observer reporter Tim Edwards would try and get the taffies into the Vale & we have a supporter or two that are Torquay fans as well, so there might be a rush to get in quick. :D

We have had Wrexham at the Vale before - the day it absolutely hammered down with snow and it took them absolute ages to get here. Good day though...
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum