Stones 1 Ebsfleet 2

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones 1 Ebsfleet 2

Postby stevo999 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:59 pm

Positives,1st half,no 11,3 up top ish,negatives,lack of fitness,Connor Calcott.not of a yard.UTS
stevo999

Postby Uncle Jack » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:33 pm

no timparks I'm a Wealdstone fan of many years and will post on here whether you f***ing like it or not. Having been involved in the game long enough I know when a team is struggling. We got by last year on the siege mentality of being the poor boys in the rich playground. This cannot go on forever and we will soon be propping up the league for most of the season. Get off your high horse an open your eyes.
Uncle Jack

Postby The Fat Man » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:38 pm

I'm new to computers - but my answers seem missing.

It not matter.

Good luck to you all at a great club.
The Fat Man

Postby PA peter j-b » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:39 pm

Uncle Jack wrote:no timparks I'm a Wealdstone fan of many years and will post on here whether you f***ing like it or not.

Fair enough.
Can we not knock it?
PA peter j-b

Postby PA peter j-b » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:51 pm

Was it Einstein who said the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

We had a similar pre season last year and took 10 games or so to get our first win. This is big time football now and we know preparation is the key. Why were we not all hands to the pump as we became safe last season getting funds in place for this years campaign. Iknow the comm team were not around yet but surely more could have been done. You reap what you sow and we are paying the price now.

Anyway, I still think we'll get out of it and pre season has to end now and the proper season starts at last.

What a joke!
Can we not knock it?
PA peter j-b

Postby deadly » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:05 am

PA peter j-b wrote:Was it Einstein who said the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

We had a similar pre season last year and took 10 games or so to get our first win. This is big time football now and we know preparation is the key. Why were we not all hands to the pump as we became safe last season getting funds in place for this years campaign. Iknow the comm team were not around yet but surely more could have been done. You reap what you sow and we are paying the price now.

Anyway, I still think we'll get out of it and pre season has to end now and the proper season starts at last.

What a joke!

Tuesday's game v Farnboro can be considered a pre-season game, and with the lack of reserve games this year, probably won't be the last... :o :o :( :( :( :(
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Bowgetstone » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:13 am

Uncle Jack wrote:no timparks I'm a Wealdstone fan of many years and will post on here whether you f***ing like it or not. Having been involved in the game long enough I know when a team is struggling. We got by last year on the siege mentality of being the poor boys in the rich playground. This cannot go on forever and we will soon be propping up the league for most of the season. Get off your high horse an open your eyes.

Touched a nerve there Tim,but you are right. To say we will be relegated after just 5 games is ridiculous. You may have been watching football for many years UJ but you don't understand it.
Bowgetstone

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:31 am

Some perspective needed surely? We played a full time team in blistering heat and were the better side for the first half and deservedly went ahead. Maybe they just stepped up a couple of gears or maybe we just weren't fit enough, but we wilted in the second half .

Ebbsfleet have had three million pounds invested into them in the last couple of year (that isn't fiction , guess work or hearsay but fact from Companies House) and to be honest, they weren't a patch on Bromley last season when they tore us apart.

I think we are stronger than last season at this stage, a better team, but the pitiful pre-season has haunted us. It's not the first time that we have started poorly and the management need to accept responsibility for it rather than blame bad luck or fortune.

I think we will be fine but this league is overall significantly stronger than last, without the basket case clubs. However, we need to get three or four points from the next two games.

Calcutt has been a real disappointment. Hutchinson is the better prospect at the moment by a country mile.

Just as worrying has been the fall off in crowds. Corresponding game last year was 901 compared to 764, with them bringing more than they did last year. Watford not playing, Chelsea and Arsenal not as well, probably only just over 600 (more than 20% down on the same game ) of our fans there yesterday is a concern. The Darby and Joan club from Fleet contributed little to bar takings either.
Last edited by Elmslie Ender on Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elmslie Ender

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:11 am

I was a stay away yesterday so can't comment on the game but losing to Ebbsfleet is not the end of the world and i agree there is plenty of time to put things right but i do sense there is no real plan as to how this will be achieved. Lots of people sitting around with their fingers crossed probably. A lot is made of our budget and the handicap it puts the manager under where recruitment is concerned but throughout the football world teams overcome this by being a bit better organised, a bit fitter and having an in your face attitude. I watched the first three games of the season and saw none of those qualities and in particular against Eastbourne where we had a man sent off but at times it looked as though we were 2/3 players short not 1. EE mentions crowds but you only need to look at our home form since we came up, it is shocking both in terms of results and performance so i'm actually surprised we still get relatively decent crowds but the signs are there the slide has started in that respect. Fingers crossed !
The Guvnor

Postby robinvn » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:27 am

Having had the benefit of going through the whole game again, it does show just how dominant we were in the first half. We looked fit, slick put some good moves together. No doubt in the second half, you could tell Ebbsfleet are full time, as the fitness levels showed. What they did better than us in the second half was pass the ball, simply and effectively. Not just hoof it upfield as we so often did.
When you are passing simply, as they did, it does wear the opposition out as it proved with us.
We are not far from being a good side and being capable in this league, if only we did the basics...like pass the ball and not keep hoofing it upfield!
robinvn

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum