Israel Folau

Israel Folau

Postby Windermere Bore » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:17 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47898893
Nice to see the spirit of tolerance and diversity that has long underpinned soccer's Powers That Be up here has found its way to Australian rugby.
Still, I'm sure he'll get a contract with Ulster... or a place in the England cricket team.
Windermere Bore

Re: Israel Folau

Postby Windermere Bore » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:37 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47869324

"WHO WILL DEFEND THE WITCH!??!... and thus condemn himself to death by burning, when the witch is found guilty?"
:twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
Windermere Bore

Postby Windermere Bore » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:07 pm

All-time ear-worm.
I've spent the 10 days since the Folau farce humming, whistling and singing "Mankind, You A Sinner", "Poor & Needy", "Oh, Wicked Man" and various other Misty In Roots songs :lol:
Won't go away.
Surrendering and listening to two studio albums & the live one over the weekend probably didn't help.
"Righteous man shall stand. Un-Godly they shall perish. They shall burn in fire."
They'd get done for hate speech if they played a gig now.
The hook from "Mankind" would make a good goal celebration burst over the tannoy.
Windermere Bore

Postby Windermere Bore » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:20 am

:lol: Yesterday: Folau signs for Catalans Dragons. Cue outrage. How dare he quote from a work of fiction on which citizens of the UK, France, Canada, Australia and New Zealand - amongst other places - are required to swear oaths? :lol: A disgrace to the game.
Saturday: Sonny Bill Williams, who's getting £2.5m per year (More than the annual team salary cap for a SuperLeague club :shock:), gets permission to cover up the BetFred logo on his kit. Who does he think he is? Johan Cruyff? Religious exemption, apparently :roll:... as if it's necessary to be "religious" to have moral objections to advertising the "Fleece the Schmoe" bunco booths that ex-bookmaking firms have become. I'm sure the pious preachers with whom SBW associates object almost as strongly to the one-armed-banditry of BetFred as they do to the arse-banditry of the likes of Keegan Hirst - though I doubt they'll be pushing walls over on top of Fred Done or throwing him off skyscrapers, come the revolution. SBW's arrival at Toronto has been almost universally hailed as a great coup for rugby league. It's almost seen as an honour for the sport that he should grace it with his presence, having failed to hold down a starting place in the All Blacks of late. The chances of any hack asking him, "Whadya think of Israel Folau's views on the verses of the Koran that condemn sodomy, Sonny?" are significantly lower than the chances of Toronto winning the Grand Final.
There are around 100 countries that ostensibly believe in the minor bastardisation of Judaism that reckons the god of the Jews sent his son to be tortured to death. Not one leader of any of those 100 countries believes the ideology's sacred texts to be true. In none of them is it an offence to question the veracity of those texts. There are around 80 countries that ostensibly believe in the minor bastardisation of Judaism that reckons the god of the Jews chose an illiterate gentile, in a primitive society in the middle of a desert, as the conduit through which he would correct all the mistakes he'd made in previous revelations to Jewish prophets. (Being omniscient 'n' all :?) Not one leader of any of those 80 countries believes the ideology's sacred texts to be true. (Especially when they're staying at the Dorchester, shagging tarts, boozing in nightclubs and handing money to the likes of Fred Done.) Yet in all 80 of those countries, questioning the veracity of those texts is a serious criminal offence: a capital crime in many of them.
But "All Cultures Are Equal."
In my jungle, Folau would simply be laughed at. SBW would get 28 days to apply for - and be granted - asylum in a country practising "The Perfect Ideology"... as would all the other hypocritical "I am a Muslim, as long as I don't have to live in a country that practices and reaps the rewards of following Islam" apostates.
That'd solve the problem with the lease :twisted:
Anyhoo, glad to see you doing so well. I hope you make Division Five. You're probably still the best club in the country... even after the "edgy" factor seems to have been surgically removed :( in a quest to make all clubs equal (At least equally mindlessly orthodox :( )
I might come back if you ever return to the armpit league around the M25, but hopefully it won't come to that.
Windermere Bore

Postby BillyByrneFan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:54 pm

Drop in any time Alan.
BillyByrneFan

Postby worruz » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:24 pm

BillyByrneFan wrote:Don't Drop in any time Alan.

Agree
worruz

Return to Non Footie Related