Thoughts on Wimbledon

Thoughts on Wimbledon

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:01 pm

Having just completed my annual 2 weeks interest in Tennis a few things have struck me.

Why do players apologise when a shot hits the top of the net and goes over ? Its hardly the players fault, surely its just part of the game in the same way in football a shot hitting the post and going in. Cant see Rooney going up to a keeper after smashing a shot into the goal off the underside of the bar and apologising.

Why do double players have to touch hands after every shot even when they've lost ? Bizarre.

And lastly do you need to be a total tool to get a ticket for centre court as it seems to be a prerequisite ?
The Guvnor

Re: Thoughts on Wimbledon

Postby attic » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Heavily emphasised by the appearance of David Cameron. I would have thought most of those on centre court today wouldn't know one end of a racket from another. Was bad enough at Silverstone too. Very much doubt Frank Bruno or the Spice Girls would be able to spot the difference between an F1 car and a Ford Focus but there you go.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Return to Non Footie Related