Lewes fan here (sorry!)

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Lewes fan here (sorry!)

Postby WfcGooner » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:56 am

And, as an extra incentive for getting there early, don't forget the other Octobeer Drinking Offer made in the other Lewes thread by Chelski Reject ;)

chelski reject wrote:...they can expect to get a warm welcome and they interpret that as they like.
..and for the record I mean i'll buy the first Lewes fan that I see a pint . This will I hope show the true spirit of the place and boost our Octobeer repair the church steeple type fund raiser by another quid.

Game on.
WfcGooner

Postby Renard » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Nice report, semi-cookie person. You and your fellow fans are welcome at the Vale any time.
Renard

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:28 pm

I somehow doubt that Mr Krais poured a couple of pints of beer and certainly wasn't offering bacon sarnies!! Not sure how you get Messrs Worby, I presume, and Krais mixed up! :D
Elmslie Ender

Postby RichardMellor » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:16 pm

Nice report and interesting to see it from your point of view. Fair play...
RichardMellor

Postby megaphone » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:40 pm

Nice write up. Pity you didn't join us in the bar after the game, there were plenty of beaming faces but certainly no gloating. Quite a few Lewes fans stayed behind to watch the England game side by side with the Stones fans. I actually thought Lewes played some decent football, but there was no cutting edge and the high ball into the box caused no end of mayhem to your centre halves. We are on a good run and long may that continue, though we know only too well what it is like to be on the other side of the fence. I hope you stay up and we get to meet again in the Conference South next season (subject to us safely negotiating the play offs naturally) as I am partial to a pint or 5 of Harveys.
megaphone

Postby BKK » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:23 pm

A very interesting report....a bit concerned though about the photographic 'thing' you appear to have for our Parisian artiste of a goal keeper!

Best of luck in staying up - we know all about that end of the table :(
Cynicism and negativity is an easy and popular trait that is fed by failure. Success derives from someone, somewhere, being positive. Try it.
BKK

Postby hillsy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:09 pm

megaphone wrote:(subject to us safely negotiating the play offs naturally)

So we've already conceded to Dartford ?!?! ;-)
hillsy

Postby Wobs » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:54 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:I somehow doubt that Mr Krais poured a couple of pints of beer and certainly wasn't offering bacon sarnies!! Not sure how you get Messrs Worby, I presume, and Krais mixed up! :D

Good spot Sud - me being mistaken for Howie - goodness me, whatever next?

I may be wrong but Howard and Bacon - do they gell?
Wobs

Postby hillsy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:09 am

That's father christmas...bet you didn't realise he was a Stones fan...
hillsy

Postby attic » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:27 am

hillsy wrote:That's father christmas...bet you didn't realise he was a Stones fan...

Oh yes he is!

Santa wobs is coming to town!!!
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum