DENNIS BYATT

For all things Wealdstone FC

DENNIS BYATT

Postby cornerstone » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:43 am

IS IT TRUE DENNIS BYATT HAS BEEN SACKED AS COMMERCIAL MANAGER ? : :o . I HOPE THIS ISNT THE CASE, I DONT KNOW
THE INS AND OUTS OF HIS JOB BUT HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT HE WAS DOING WELL, HE HAS ORGANISED SOME GREAT
NIGHTS AT THE VALE, IF THIS IS TRUE I HOPE HE WILL STILL BE INVOLVED WITH THE CLUB AS HE IS A STONES LEGEND AND AN ALL ROUND TOP BLOKE.
cornerstone

Re: DENNIS BYATT

Postby charlie » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:17 am

Nasty fact or nasty rumour.?

Whatever , its not good on eve of cup game. ( and possible sponsorship monies) Any official comment ...
charlie

Postby megaphone » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:00 pm

I have heard this rumour too. I have to say unless he was dismissed for gross misconduct then this is indeed an odd time to be getting rid of him when we should all be pulling together a few days before our most important match since the Dulwich play off. If it was just over the amount coming in from commercial activities I am sure it could have waited a couple of weeks.
megaphone

Postby Operation Wealdstone » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:37 pm

Anyone heard if this is true or not??
Operation Wealdstone

Postby RichardMellor » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:04 pm

If it is true, perhaps it has something to do with the new bloke on the board - who was here to lend assistance on the 'commercial side'?
RichardMellor

Postby attic » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:13 pm

Either way decisions are made for the best of the club. Not whether someone is a good bloke or not surely?

If it is true, then I wish Dennis all the best. Personally I don't know whether is/was doing a good job or not. But you have to say the one thing he managed to do was to lure Vinnie Jones back to his roots. This evening was a huge success and whos to say we won't see Vinnie back at the Vale in the future?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Elmslie Ender » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:46 pm

attic wrote:Either way decisions are made for the best of the club. Not whether someone is a good bloke or not surely?

If it is true, then I wish Dennis all the best. Personally I don't know whether is/was doing a good job or not. But you have to say the one thing he managed to do was to lure Vinnie Jones back to his roots. This evening was a huge success and whos to say we won't see Vinnie back at the Vale in the future?

The name of the game is surely how much money is raised, and you live and die by how successful you are. I suppose you have to look around the ground and see how many boards there are, how many successful fund-raising events the club holds etc, etc.
Elmslie Ender

Postby attic » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:32 pm

One area where we need to get stuck into is holding these 'charity' celebrity matches. It would seem no matter how cheap and cheerful the 'cast' is, people turn out in their droves for these kind of things. I don't mean our ex Stones legends matches, which are usually watched by less than 150 people, but stuff like Edgware used to manage, which regularly attracted over 1000.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby cornerstone » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:04 pm

TOP SHOUT ATTIC, A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO I WENT TO A CHARITY MATCH AT NORTH GREENFORD UTD. IT WAS AN ARSENAL XI MADE UP OF EX PROS Z LISTERS EASTENDERS ACTORS VS ST. LUKES HOSPICE. THE CROWD WAS ABOUT 800, MOSTLY KIDS AFTER AUTOGRAPHS THOUGH.

THE CLUB WAS PACKED AND IT WAS COVERED BY ALL THE LOCAL PAPERS, I COULD SEE THAT SORT OF THING AT THE VALE. THE FANS NIGHT WAS A GOOD NIGHT BUT NUMBERS WERE LOW ABOUT 50 ODD.
cornerstone

Postby Hatch End Casuals » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:52 pm

If you want the old eldorado cast down the vale just ask.
Hatch End Casuals

Next

Return to stonesnet forum