Dave Pratt

For all things Wealdstone FC

Dave Pratt

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:39 am

Just announced he's leaving Chippenham to join us.

No mention of a fee but allegedly doubling his money.

Good signing in my opinion.
The Guvnor

Re: Dave Pratt

Postby attic » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:57 am

On paper a decent signing. Caused all sorts of problems against us for Chippenham and was only denied by two decent saves from Northy. I believe he's scored ten so far this season so he knows where the onion bag is too. If we're going to progress, we need players like this to come in and do the business from day one.

So realistically that means we have Pratt, Eisa and Tiriyaki as our first choice forwards. Surely we need to move one or two others on if only to balance the books a little?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Oops....

Postby Roge S » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:16 am

29 Dec 2008 - The Chippenham Town striker David Pratt has been credited with football's fastest ever red card after being sent off after three seconds.
Age comes to those who wait.
Roge S

Postby DeanSwift » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:23 am

Chippenham Town chairman Neil Blackmore said: "It is with some sadness I must inform you that David has decided to leave the club and join Wealdstone FC.

"Whilst David was on contract and I made it clear to the Wealdstone Chairman that he was not for sale, they were able to get an offer to David via a third party, I am led to believe that offer was for more than double what he is paid by Chippenham.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chippenham Town manager Collier added: "Wealdstone came in and made an offer in the last week or so.

"Obviously with him (Pratt) being under contract, the club turned it down and they (Wealdstone) then came back to the chairman with a renewed offer.

"While that was happening, in some way they made a personal offer to David Pratt.

"Basically, he's gone there for unbelievable money in comparison to what he could get at Chippenham Town and as soon as that was made available to him, his head was turned and there was only one thing he was ever going to do.

"As much as we wanted to keep him, we certaily couldn't cope with those wages and matching anything that he's certainly getting paid there.
DeanSwift

Postby charlie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:46 am

Thanks for info Deano.

Are we Whitehawk in disguise ?.. 30 year old player .

Easily 4/5 players need to be moved on.... Expectation Levels notched up a level.
charlie

Postby Curtis » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:24 pm

Curtis

Postby Kettering punchbag. » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:50 am

Wasn't he on contract at Chippenham then?
Kettering punchbag.

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:49 pm

David Pratt signing now confirmed. Cup tied Saturday though. Pratt and Tiryaki up top will be hard work for most defences in this division, great signing.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby The Guvnor » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:03 pm

Agree Pratt and Teriyaki should be a handful but it could all get a bit congested with Oshodi playing up top as well.
The Guvnor

Postby deadly » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:10 pm

BornundertheElmslie wrote:David Pratt signing now confirmed. Cup tied Saturday though. Pratt and Tiryaki up top will be hard work for most defences in this division, great signing.

Read it here:
https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/2017/post ... vid-pratt/

A comment put on the ConferenceNomads site about our new signing by a St Albans fan:

"David Pratt, the bald centre forward who goes around kicking lumps out of people and leaving his foot in on full backs?"

...as he is cup-tied, his first match playing for us could well be against St Albans.
I hope he makes a big impression.
:lol:
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Next

Return to stonesnet forum