Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

Postby Curtis » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:55 pm

In reply to Worruz regarding the club bar,the front doors will be locked and entry for home fans only will be via the hall doors up the side road and the entrance will be marshalled by 2 APA Security licensed doormen (bouncers) and I will be observing and looking out for people who go up there.The side doors will be open at half time and post match for home fans only as the front doors will not be opened until much later following the game.
Curtis

Postby megaphone » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:57 pm

You don't give a club from a lower level what is essentially our home end. A poor decision as usual. The game should have been made all ticket and limit the amount of tickets they get to the capacity of the terrace that Rotherham used. It isn't the first time that £ signs are more important than our own fans........ I can genuinely see some disgruntled home fans boycotting the game because of this stupidity. Hereford already one nil up before the game even starts :roll:
megaphone

Postby worruz » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:15 pm

Curtis wrote:Hereford club officials are saying they will bring a minimum of 500 supporters and whether we believe it or not we have to find an area of the ground that can safely house that number and it does mean that home supporters can still visit the club shop,Lynn’s burger bar and use the toilets behind the dug outs whilst our visitors will have portaloos and a mobile catering unit installed next to the changing rooms.
The club shop side of the ground can not accommodate enough people safely on the terraces to the left and right of the two turnstiles at the top of the drive so they had to be put behind one end of the ground and after a lot of discussions it was decided that they would be accommodated at the Ruislip Doors & Windows stand end.

Fair enough
worruz

Postby BKK » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:20 pm

timfparks wrote:I’m sorry but how has this decision been 3arrived at? Hereford are not a football league side, they are a good Southern League prem side with an excellent away record and likely to bring 250-300 fans. If we have intelligence that they are bringing over 500 well, it might make some sense to give them the covered ‘home’ end. Kaney will have the details of how many people each area of the stadium is licensed for.
At first glance this looks like the Hemel fiasco but worse.

I really do think our collective intelligence is being insulted here, and, I'm also sorry, by you, Tim. You really cannot win sometimes (yes, we don't expect to). So apart from the critically important, wider safety considerations - do we really want to give up seats that our fans have donated £000's to? Who would be complaining then? - just like the Hemel 'fiasco'? Oh and ingress/egress issues ? stewarding/ suitability of sterile areas ? Toilets/ Shut the Megastore?/Catering? Barriers? And do you really think we wouldn't have checked out capacities and their likely travelling numbers from their officials?

Would we rather try to get it right with the correct safety considerations at the forefront. If we are to progress the development of the stadium when segregation will become the norm, future considerations of what constitutes a 'home' end will change

Suggest you also check out average away attendance stats.

'Damned if you do and damned if you don't'

:o
Cynicism and negativity is an easy and popular trait that is fed by failure. Success derives from someone, somewhere, being positive. Try it.
BKK

Postby worruz » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:25 pm

megaphone wrote:You don't give a club from a lower level what is essentially our home end. A poor decision as usual. The game should have been made all ticket and limit the amount of tickets they get to the capacity of the terrace that Rotherham used. It isn't the first time that £ signs are more important than our own fans........ I can genuinely see some disgruntled home fans boycotting the game because of this stupidity. Hereford already one nil up before the game even starts :roll:

To be fair most football clubs put fans at an end (or part of an end). Obviously Mickey Mouse clubs like Everton put them down the side :lol:

Seriously though . We’re not far enough into the tournament to talk about restricting away fans, That would be silly in my opinion.

It’s a strange decision for me as I’d have given them the club house side but I’ll go with the club on this. At least they’ve made a positive and concise decision. We didn’t do that at the start of the Colchester build up and that was what annoyed me back then.
worruz

Postby rooroo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:29 am

Please clarify arrangements when the match is over. Are we going to be locked in the ground whilst the Hereford fans leave or are they going to be locked in whilst we leave
rooroo

Postby timfparks » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:46 am

Nick, I don’t intend to insult anyone’s intelligence but I am concerned that the decision is predicated (entirely?) on Hereford’s estimation of their travelling support. I guess you have to believe them.
timfparks

Postby The Guvnor » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:44 pm

I'm surprised that nobody has come on here talking about this subject especially with the news that the top end no longer has a roof !
The Guvnor

Postby tpmark » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:28 pm

Evening all just been on Slough town site Hereford have sold 600 tickets for there visit to slough this sat how they rate the trophy who knows
tpmark

Postby attic » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:11 pm

Personally I couldn't care less what end we've got etc. I'm more concerned about how the game is going to go on the field of play. We also get a close up view of our back line :o
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum