Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Hereford segregated and they get the Bulla

Postby Elmslie Ender » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:20 pm

bringbackelmo wrote:Hereford fan in peace - looking forward to the game on Saturday (living in London it was a great draw for me).

I wouldn't expect many more than 500 on Saturday, we do travel in good numbers but we are in the middle of a ridiculous run of eight away matches out of nine and, as with most clubs, interest in the FAT is relatively low. We had 700 at Slough on Saturday and could have sold more tickets if we'd had them, but that was a league game against one of our title rivals.

As you may be aware we've knocked two Conference sides and one each from Conference North and South in cup competitions this season, so it should be a good test for both teams on the day. That said we are struggling with injuries at the moment and were lucky to escape with a draw on Saturday at Slough.

Will there really be any need for either set of fans to be held back after the game?

We haven't had too many matches against 'proper' clubs in the past few years so it'll be great to see a decent home crowd.

Unfortunately the club is guided by that oxy-moron police intelligence of how risky the game is, including whom may turn up from Hereford to cause trouble and locally too. You then factor in that Hereford have said at least 500 will travel, which you seem to indicate as well, and it is best that there is segregation in place. I know we have quite rightly banned your drum, but you have been allocated the best end of the ground, certainly for creating an atmosphere, and getting in and out of the stadium is very easy from that end. We, only the other hand, face an end with little cover due to storm damage.

Not sure what the crowd will be. We have just over 500 season ticket holders and average around 900, but our two Trophy games so far have been woefully attended. I suspect around 9-1,000 will be in attendance. Had the game been in reverse we would have brought about 300 to you.
Elmslie Ender

Postby Curtis » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:41 pm

In reply to Ruislip 33 all visiting supporters coaches will have to drop off supporters at the top of Grosvenor Vale and they will then have to walk down from there,they will also be collected from the top of the road as there is nowhere on site for them to park which in theory will speed up getting the away fans getting home.Only the Hereford team coach will have a space kept for it in the usual spot in front of the gates.
Curtis

Postby bringbackelmo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:49 pm

Segregation I think makes sense, it was the holding back of fans that I'd question but I'm not too fussed by it.

FWIW I'm also not the biggest fan of drums at football so I'm not too upset about that, more annoyed that flasks are also on the list of prohibited items!
bringbackelmo

Postby Bananas » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:03 pm

worruz wrote:
Bananas wrote:
Ruislip33 wrote:What's all the fuss about, this is the FA Trophy in 2018 not Millwall coming to town in the 80s

Exactly, and only the 2nd round of the Trophy, not a semi final.
We go (IMHO) way over the top for this fixture, compared to totally inadequate for a televised game against Colchester in the FA Cup 1st round proper.

You'd have thought we'd have learnt how to do this sort of thing by now and (with all due respect to Hereford fans who obviously want to come to the game in numbers) as we are segregating (OTT again IMHO) then we should have made the game all ticket and allocated them exactly the minimum number of tickets we had to. That way we reduce the possibility of trouble, aren't forced to give up the "home end" to accommodate them, and hence pretty much give up any small home advantage we had.

One day we'll get it right, one day...

I agree the original plans for Colchester were wrong but do you honestly think we shouldn't be segregating this fixture?

I think we absolutely should be.

Also, what is the minimum number of tickets?

Ticket numbers (off the top of my head from memory) is circa 350.

My point being then, when we decided it was to be segregated, we haven't implemented that plan very well by not making it all ticket.
Hereford took well over a 1000 to Merthyr over Xmas (and let's be honest, every Herbert from both towns would have been there for that game and almost certainly have a good few beers inside them) and from what I've heard bar a bit of silly handbags post match, no trouble. Last week they took 600 to Slough in a massive top of the table clash. No trouble. So why do we expect them to kick off at ours in a competition that's not high on their list of priorities.

My feelings are, that I'd be surprised if Hereford bring 500. I'm not saying they won't as they're more than capable of doing so. My wet finger in the air estimate would be nearer the 300-350 mark.
It's a couple of weeks after Xmas and everyone will be starting to feel the pinch. They have a massive number of away league games coming up on the spin, which by definition are all more important than this one.
If I were one of their fans, I'd be thinking that this one is probably one I can swerve and keep money in the pocket for a more important game.
I of course wait to be surprised by their turn out and proved wrong.
To be honest I was looking forwards to this game when it was drawn, but the inevitable dicking coming out way and being stuck in the rain for 90 mins whilst I watch the away fans lording it in the home end that the fans of this club built, has taken the shine off the occasion somewhat.
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby russpa » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:08 pm

Am sure all the away fans be loving the welcome. No clubhouse access no parking no drums coaches parking hundreds of yards away segregated to one part of the ground.
russpa

Postby Stoney Ground » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:13 pm

russpa wrote:Am sure all the away fans be loving the welcome. No clubhouse access no parking no drums coaches parking hundreds of yards away segregated to one part of the ground.

Yeah must be tough that, I remember going to a concert once and wanted to have a kick about but the bastards would let me take a football in.
Stoney Ground

Postby charlie » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:23 pm

Least they have cover if it rains Russpa !

With the roof ripped off in the storm lets hope it dont rain.
charlie

Postby Blue & White Army » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:27 pm

Stoney Ground wrote:
russpa wrote:Am sure all the away fans be loving the welcome. No clubhouse access no parking no drums coaches parking hundreds of yards away segregated to one part of the ground.

Yeah must be tough that, I remember going to a concert once and wanted to have a kick about but the bastards wouldn't let me take a football in.[/quote

My favourite post for ages!! I don't often laugh out loud reading the form :D
Blue & White Army

Postby attic » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:40 pm

Stoney Ground wrote:

Yeah must be tough that, I remember going to a concert once and wanted to have a kick about but the bastards would let me take a football in.

Of course they wouldn't. The pitch invading keepy up champion at Northwood in 1997 clearly has a bit of a reputation.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Stoney Ground » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:46 pm

attic wrote:
Stoney Ground wrote:

Of course they wouldn't. The pitch invading keepy up champion at Northwood in 1997 clearly has a bit of a reputation.

:lol:
Stoney Ground

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum