Rubbish

For all things Wealdstone FC

Rubbish

Postby worruz » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:38 pm

No, not our team. I happen to think BW will turn that around and we still have some excellent players.

The rubbish in the ground that is left on a match day I mean.
Can everyone make the effort to use the bins in the ground please.

The amount of rubbish being left on a match day is increasing, especially in the new seats behind the goal.

Its taking an hour after games now to clean the ground up and I think the Hampton game was the longest its taken since the Colchester game. I'm not sure why people are depositing more rubbish on the floor nowadays but can you please not do so.

I'll ask again.

Please.

Pretty please.

With a cherry on top.

Use the bins.

Thanks.
Last edited by worruz on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worruz

Re: Rubbish

Postby Stoney Ground » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:32 pm

worruz wrote:No, not our team. I happen to think BW will turn that around and we still have some excellent players.

The rubbish in the ground that is left on a match day I mean.
Can everyone make the effort to use the bins in the ground please.

The amount of rubbish being left on a match day is increasing, especially in the new seats behind the goal.

Its taking the an hour after games now to clean the ground up and I think the Hampton game was the longest its taken since the Colchester game. I'm not sure why people are depositing more rubbish on the floor nowadays but can you please not do so.

I'll ask again.

Please.

Pretty please.

With a cherry on top.

Use the bins.

Thanks.

Aren’t the bins there for small children to sit on, didn’t realise they were for rubbish ;)

Come on folks we are all in this together, do your bit if somebody drops something or leaves it on the floor a polite word helps.
Stoney Ground

Postby woodman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:38 pm

Odd isn't it? I couldn't imagine dropping litter anywhere. Seriously is it because a certain generation were brought up on 'keep britain tidy' ad campaigns and it stuck with us?
woodman

Postby deadly » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:52 pm

woodman wrote:Odd isn't it? I couldn't imagine dropping litter anywhere. Seriously is it because a certain generation were brought up on 'keep britain tidy' ad campaigns and it stuck with us?

...also it is the introduction of fast food outlets that created the throwaway society that we now live in.
Look at the state of any high street early in the morning, or any public transport in the evening.
We should introduce the same strict laws on littering as say, Singapore.

https://www.goabroad.com/articles/study ... ore-you-go

Perhaps if older generation fans picked up any rubbish dropped by the young 'uns and then rubbed their faces in it, matters might improve.

Seriously though,
Bin it you lazy little turds.

Bah.
Retro Deadly.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby worruz » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:11 pm

Let’s not just blame youngsters for this. That’s too easy and it always annoyed me when I was young that young people always got blamed for all manner of things they dont exclusively do. I’ve never forgotten that.

Older fans drop litter too.

I pulled a long standing fan for dropping litter last season and told them ‘ don’t worry about using the bins I’ll pick it up later’

They replied ‘ I know you will’

Some people have no respect for their surroundings.

We’re supposed to be proud of our ground yet people treat it like a shit hole

Just ask Trump
worruz

Postby deadly » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:37 pm

By 'younger' I meant 'younger than me'....yes, I realise that it is not ALL youngsters that drop litter.
And there are indeed plenty of middle-aged should-know-better-but-can't-give-a toss-types out there.

Perhaps what is needed is a anti-litter campaign by the club, extra bins, large no litter please signs, full page reminders in the programme etc. :roll: :roll:
Would a Twitter name and shame picture galley have any impact I wonder?
Or would that simply drive fans away?

Though in my (admittedly slightly intolerant) viewpoint,
what really is needed is that a set of stocks should be installed in the beer garden and the stumpy tree beer stand then adapted into a whipping post for litter lout miscreants.
It would be great after match entertainment.

Tidy ground,

Please.

Trumpety Trump Deadly.
Last edited by deadly on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby attic » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:58 pm

worruz wrote:
Just ask Trump

We've had some decent solutions to problems from across the pond. How about adopting a '3 dropped coke tins and your out' policy? Or maybe chain gang the scum and get them cleaning up afterwards? Tactical solutions for problems required. No more excuses, no more litter.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Return to stonesnet forum