Personal statement from Peter Marsden

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Personal statement from Peter Marsden

Postby worruz » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:12 pm

I too thank PM for his considerable investment since he joined the club but......

He bemoans the fact that the current board can’t and won’t make up the shortfall which means we will soon run out of money.

I don’t really blame them.

If it wasn’t them who put these players on the ridiculous contracts then why would they?. I wouldn’t.

We all knew this day was coming ages ago.

The amount of money we were paying was always going to come back on us. We used to laugh at other clubs when this happened to them
worruz

Postby worruz » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:16 pm

I know we had issues with the lease but surely some of the money spent on players would have been better spent on doing the ground up a bit.

Instead of Pratt’s salary would it not have been best to build a couple of toilet blocks at either end and another tea bar next the the Bulla.

I don’t know the practicalities but we missed an opportunity to make the ground far more practical for bigger games
worruz

Postby breakspear stones » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:19 pm

Thank you Peter for everything you’ve done since you came to the club

NOW this has been announced what have the remaining board have planned for OUR clubs future, surely a statement from the new chairman needs to be forthcoming in not to distant future to what he / his board have in mind & does he have new investors lined up
breakspear stones

Postby worruz » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:21 pm

breakspear stones wrote:Thank you Peter for everything you’ve done since you came to the club

No problem Ginge

Oh...... THAT Peter
worruz

Postby Enfield Stones » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:45 pm

breakspear stones wrote:Thank you Peter for everything you’ve done since you came to the club

NOW this has been announced what have the remaining board have planned for OUR clubs future, surely a statement from the new chairman needs to be forthcoming in not to distant future to what he / his board have in mind & does he have new investors lined up

You finally had your statement and now you want another one !! Just being greedy now - we are now not going to the moon ….its on hold !!

The new Laural and Hardy film is out at the moment, their catchphrase ...'that's another fine mess' seems quite apt at the moment, not a great day for our beloved football club !
Enfield Stones

Postby Lanarkian » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:55 pm

Ye gods. Chaos re-Europe and chaos re-Wealdstone in the last 24 hours. What next?
Lanarkian

Postby Ronnie » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:07 pm

Enfield Stones wrote:
The new Laural and Hardy film is out at the moment, their catchphrase ...'that's another fine mess' seems quite apt at the moment, not a great day for our beloved football club !

Good film, recommend!
Ronnie

Postby attic » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:35 pm

Lanarkian wrote:Ye gods. Chaos re-Europe and chaos re-Wealdstone in the last 24 hours. What next?

Interesting you say that. Sometimes even relatively humble non League directors can fall into the trap of becoming rather aloof and entitled. Rather like a cross selection of MP's at present. Those who came up through the ranks have absolutely no excuse to act this way as they are effectively representing the very demographic that they came from. I'm certainly not suggesting they are all like this by the way. Far from it. We had some really good guys in general.

Am expecting some effective leadership and communication from Rory and Mark, even if they (at present) are only temporary custodians.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby charlie » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:45 pm

To quote Attic.

We did have a really good guy but our rather aloof and entitled odious board thought otherwise.

Not sure you will see effective communication/leadership.. other than on the pitch.. as the under 18 squad fill the gaps.
charlie

Postby TalkinStone » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:48 pm

Knowing some of those involved and their backgrounds and history st the club, I doubt this without a lot of soul searching and reluctance,

As a number of people have said already, not a day where any one should be celebrating.

Whether the ex Chairman and one or two of his more vocal supporters choose to cause issues will be interesting.

There’s lots of questions and uncertainties about what the future holds but if at all possible the club needs to pull together so we can start to repair the damage of this sorry state of affairs
TalkinStone

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum