Stones 2-2 Shots

For all things Wealdstone FC

Stones 2-2 Shots

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:47 am

Spectator info linked below, but in summary:

- Match will be segregated with Aldershot allocated 400 tickets for the clubhouse side of the ground, from 1966 Stand to the uncovered terracing behind the dugouts
- Tickets available in advance and also on the gate
- Social club open before the game to both sets of fans, but home fans only at half time and after the game
- u16 free season ticket registration taking place again in the same area as previous games
- 18-23 "Next Generation" tickets for just £8

https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/spec ... hot-town-h
BornundertheElmslie

Re: Stones v Aldershot (H) 18/9/21

Postby The Guvnor » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:34 am

We all know our target for the season and pretty much a fraction over 1 point a game is where we need to be. As things stand we are behind that so its important we stay on track and Saturday gives us the opportunity to do that. I'm still far from convinced that with the squad we have 3 at the back gets the best out of it but it looks as though we're stuck with it. However we need to be tighter, admittedly from watching highlights but we are getting exposed in wide areas particularly down our left. Its a conundrum for the MT as they want to use Dennon for his attacking ability down that side but it leaves us vulnerable without the ball. Jerome who acts as the covering member of the back 3 down that side is out of sorts too so we need to improve in that area or we run the risk of being subjected to more hard luck stories come Saturday night. Saturday will be my first game of the season, so hopefully I'll like what I see but I already know we need to improve around the fine margins in both boxes. Do that and we'll win.

UTS
The Guvnor

Postby Royal Blue » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:12 pm

The Guvnor wrote:but I already know we need to improve around the fine margins in both boxes.

Precisely.

Wickens

Andy E - WB
Okimo or Lewis or Wishart - WB
Cook, Cawley AND Tavares - CBs

Charles - DM
Buse, Dyer - M
Elito - AM

Super Umerah

A formation tighter than a..

Subs - Jackson, Browne, Fasenmade, Lewis (if not picked) & someone else.

Wealdstone 2 - Aldershot 0
Royal Blue

Postby attic » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:34 pm

Buse an interesting call. Seems to have been out of favour since that apparent poor first 45 v Woking. Injured? Was regarded as a decent signing and can't be on peanuts. Cooper has possibly stolen his place for now anyway.

Looks like the attention has turned from attack to defence. Umerah 4 goals in 6 is proving the doubters wrong when it comes to hitting the onion bag. Elito and Jackson now seem to have given us options going forward. Options also available at the back. Saw the highlights from the game Tuesday and the least said about at least two of those goals the better. Definitely one for the management to asses and change where necessary.

Shots will be a hard game. Last season they bullied us off the park. They also won away at Saarfend on Tuesday so will come to us with confidence.

Tight game in front of 1400 fans.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Royal Blue » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:09 pm

Oh yeah, sorry Mr Cooper - I knew I’d forgotten one. Not too concerned that Aldershot beat Southend, the Shrimpers are in freefall and I guess looking at a change in management soon. We’ve improved and there’s no chance of us get bullied off the park this time - more likely to be the other way around with Jack ‘psycho II’ Cawley about. Wealdstone are nasty again.

Clean sheet and we’ll win.
Royal Blue

Postby charlie » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:16 pm

Will be a tight match , Possible change at the back ? Still need an addition or two.

Defence.. Goddard/Perkins/Pearce/Byatt/Bowgett..... Those were the days....just like the old Arsenal 1-0 .....game over.

charlie... "Do not mention, for christ sake!'.. Played 32 Won 5..... OK.. I will keep quiet.
charlie

Postby Royal Blue » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:13 pm

charlie wrote:Still need an addition or two.

With our budget, right now I’d settle for competition for Andy E. And ON LOAN!
Royal Blue

Postby deadly » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:20 pm

Aldershot, Aldershot Town: something to read while we wait for Saturday to come round.
There are some familiar names, and recurring themes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_Trethewy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldershot_F.C.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldershot_Town_F.C.

Deadly History.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby charlie » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:40 pm

Now Deadly... History..... I do remember watching Ruislip Manor playing ....Aldershot as they were struggling to get back up the Leagues.

Aldershot had signed our full back at the time Chewins first name I think was Jason. Probably our best player at the time?..... This from the days of playing at Yeading.

The Vale was packed... with Shots fans... on the journey back up the leagues.
charlie

Postby Blue Pom » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:01 am

Have they improved their ground? Last time I went there I thought it was very Tin Pot before Tin Pot was a thing with the netting behind the goal at the road end. Admittedly it was a while ago. Only time I've been there. In the Seventies I think. Was that the 3-4 loss in the FA Cup? They must have been 4th Division at the time.
Blue Pom

Next

Return to stonesnet forum