£5 to watch the Stones v Solihull

For all things Wealdstone FC

£5 to watch the Stones v Solihull

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:05 am

In celebration of our first LIVE televised home fixture in front of supporters in our lifetime, we are happy to announce that we have reduced admission to just £5 for all tickets purchased online only for this game.

Wealdstone host Solihull Moors on Tuesday 5th October at 7:45pm in a game that was selected for live BT Sport coverage at the beginning of the season, which will see the Stones perform in front of a global TV audience.

We want a bumper crowd in front of the TV cameras for the fixture to show the watching nation what a fantastic family atmosphere we have at our Grosvenor Vale home and showcase all that is good about Wealdstone Football Club.

As well as our £5 online ticket offer we will also be working with local schools and youth football clubs to provide free tickets for their children.

Tickets are now available to purchase online https://wealdstonefc.ktckts.com/event/w ... hull-moors and we encourage all supporters to secure theirs as early as possible as it will be normal prices on the gate. We want to fill The Vale as far as possible for this fixture, so please spread the word to your football-loving friends and family!

https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/redu ... eae02019f4
Last edited by BornundertheElmslie on Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BornundertheElmslie

Re: £5 to watch the Stones v Solihull

Postby Royal Blue » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:24 am

Superb from the club - just the ticket.
Royal Blue

Postby 61663 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:25 am

Excellent initiative … well done to the club for doing this.

Postby The Guvnor » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:33 am

No doubt the club is leaving no stone unturned in its quest to boost the fan base and that is to be applauded. Walking around the ground on Saturday there were so many people I didn't know and thats a good thing. The days when everyone at the ground more or less knew everyone else by their first names are long gone so hopefully the club can keep pushing in that direction. However we all know the bottom line for attracting and keeping new fans is winning football matches and of course at NL level thats no easy task. In the short term we need to hope new fans are attracted by the level of football and the BELT opposition. Where we are as a club if we played at Ryman league level we would be very dominant, NLS we would be one of the better sides whereas at NL we are just trying to keep our heads above water. Personally I'd rather scrap it out at NL level, the standard of football is much higher than the next level down and as for the Ryman well lets just say once you've watched your team at NL level it would be like shopping at Aldi when your accustomed to Harrods Food Hall.
The Guvnor

Postby kenton1 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:31 am

Very commendable idea to attract “extra new supporters, but seems a bit unfair on season ticket holders who will not benefit from this having already up front ! Also, how many will return once the normal price is back…..
kenton1

Postby worruz » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:52 am

kenton1 wrote:Very commendable idea to attract “extra new supporters, but seems a bit unfair on season ticket holders who will not benefit from this having already up front ! Also, how many will return once the normal price is back…..

I get that but I'm hoping that the vast majority of the season ticket holders see this for what it is. We want to get fans in for this game and beyond. If we play well, win and do so in front of a big crowd with very little gaps in the crowd on show, that will look good on the TV for those watching.

Who knows, those who do come to the game may come back again and those who are local and are watching on the box may thing 'I like the look of that.'

Its a potential two-fold win for the club and US as fans.

Big month October with the FA Cup coming up as well. We dont want any meek surrenders this year of all years. A good FA Cup win in mid October then a decent 1st round draw against a league club could really get the crowds in on top of this TV game. And instead of just being happy to be in the 1st round, lets win the bloody game and get through to the next round. We dont need to be grateful just to be breathing the same air that a league teams players have only just recently finished with themselves.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby attic » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:00 pm

Wouldn't worry too much about our season ticket holders. Some don't even go to games or are in the bar by 330pm! However as a ST holder I'm not bothered at all by this initiative. If it helps grow the club then all the better. Let em in for free......
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Rayners Blue is Back » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:37 pm

Will Breakspear Stone be doing some fashion policing, to make sure none of these new supporters have red shirts or any red attire? ;)
Rayners Blue is Back

Postby 61663 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:57 pm

kenton1 wrote:Very commendable idea to attract “extra new supporters, but seems a bit unfair on season ticket holders who will not benefit from this having already up front ! Also, how many will return once the normal price is back…..

Oscar Wilde’s definition of a cynic immediately springs to mind…

On a pro-rata basis, the difference in the cost for a (none ‘early bird’) Conc. ST is less than a pint….. a bit more for an adult ST….. hardly ‘unfair..’

Postby Blue Pom » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:06 am

Any chance this can be shown to the Wealdstone diaspora afterwards? I know that normally the tv companies' don't allow games to be shown on Youtube or any other platform.
Blue Pom

Next

Return to stonesnet forum