D&R - FA Cup Sat 16 Oct

For all things Wealdstone FC

D&R - FA Cup Sat 16 Oct

Postby FGW » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:44 pm

Road to Wembley (not Vale Farm) starts tomorrow for the mighty Stones....

All very quiet on here from the usual flock of contributors, i go for a Stones win by 2 goals in front of 889 paying punters :shock:
FGW
 
Posts: 1606
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: D&R - FA Cup Sat 16 Oct

Postby attic » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:14 pm

FGW wrote:Road to Wembley (not Vale Farm) starts tomorrow for the mighty Stones....

All very quiet on here from the usual flock of contributors, i go for a Stones win by 2 goals in front of 889 paying punters :shock:


I'd happily take that. Moral definitely needs a lift on the terraces. Cup run the perfect tonic for this.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
User avatar
attic
 
Posts: 8958
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: D&R - FA Cup Sat 16 Oct

Postby timfparks » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:15 pm

I think most people are posting on the other thread Alan... I reckon we"ll still be over 1,000 tomorrow as Dagenham are expected to bring 400-500 fans, and as they'll be housed in the top end seated stand the atmosphere will be good. Segregation will be a good thing in this respect. FA Cup crowds are usually low in the early rounds but with so much at stake I'd be amazed if the crowd is as low as you predict.
Stuart has said we'll 'give it a good go' against the Daggers but I'm loathe to predict the scoreline. The Stones are good enough to give anyone a decent game. Then we take it from there
timfparks
 
Posts: 2116
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:51 am

Re: D&R - FA Cup Sat 16 Oct

Postby GingerGuy » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:52 pm

I'm loathe to predict the scoreline


"loth"/"loath" - you need a good sub-editor :lol:

Anyway, 2-1 to the Stones, and a small team in round one, please!
GingerGuy
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: D&R - FA Cup Sat 16 Oct

Postby timfparks » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:45 pm

From Her Majesty's internet (pedant's corner)...
Loathe is a verb (“to dislike greatly”). You loathe that guy at work who steals your food from the refrigerator (you probably loathe many more people than that, but the guy who steals your food is just the most convenient example).
Loath is an adjective (“not willing”). You are loath to confront the guy at work who keeps stealing your food from the refrigerator, because he often talks to himself and has a peculiar smell.

So there we are Rob. Depends how much I dislike having to give a prediction on tomorrow's game. I really, really dislike having to do so :)
timfparks
 
Posts: 2116
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:51 am

Re: D&R - FA Cup Sat 16 Oct

Postby FGW » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:51 am

timfparks wrote:I think most people are posting on the other thread Alan... I reckon we"ll still be over 1,000 tomorrow as Dagenham are expected to bring 400-500 fans, and as they'll be housed in the top end seated stand the atmosphere will be good. Segregation will be a good thing in this respect. FA Cup crowds are usually low in the early rounds but with so much at stake I'd be amazed if the crowd is as low as you predict.
Stuart has said we'll 'give it a good go' against the Daggers but I'm loathe to predict the scoreline. The Stones are good enough to give anyone a decent game. Then we take it from there


I'll be pleasantly surprised if the visitors bring such numbers to The Vale today.... :D

Two Mail shots from the Club this week inviting folk to buy tickets early suggests sales may be a little slow...

Just hope the 'faitfull' turn-up and pay on the day!

No Met Line past Harrow today, Piccadilly is running as usual to Uxbridge.

Is parking on the grass 'open' today?

Get behind the lads from the off and make some noise.....
FGW
 
Posts: 1606
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: D&R - FA Cup Sat 16 Oct

Postby BillyByrneFan » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:54 pm

Anyone know why Paul McCallum's red card suspension has been extended by two more games?
BillyByrneFan
 
Posts: 1219
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:09 am

Re: D&R - FA Cup Sat 16 Oct

Postby Stoney Ground » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:23 pm

BillyByrneFan wrote:Anyone know why Paul McCallum's red card suspension has been extended by two more games?


Because he’s a twat :lol:
Stoney Ground
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:01 am

Re: D&R - FA Cup Sat 16 Oct

Postby Wobs » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:28 pm

Stoney Ground wrote:
BillyByrneFan wrote:Anyone know why Paul McCallum's red card suspension has been extended by two more games?


Because he’s a twat :lol:


A fair point, well made.
Wobs
 
Posts: 867
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:04 am

Re: D&R - FA Cup Sat 16 Oct

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:52 pm

BillyByrneFan wrote:Anyone know why Paul McCallum's red card suspension has been extended by two more games?


Because the FA realised Dagenham will need someone to count the 120k plus the game is worth to them and didn't want someone to do it who could be distracted from the task.

Its not as straight forward as it looks though as the money has to be split between Dagenham, Redbridge Forest, Ilford, Leytonstone and Walthanstow Avenue.
The Guvnor
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:09 pm

Next

Return to stonesnet forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests