Stones 1-2 Dagenham Utterly

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones 1-2 Dagenham Utterly

Postby deadly » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:47 pm

If I was the chairman, I would be asking Stuart if he intends tweaking things for the Weymouth game.

I.E. Even a non-footballing person like myself can see that having Dennon playing where he is now is not working, and by all means carry on pass-pass-pass but attempt more forward passing to those that run into space, and speed it up a bit by more one-touch footie, as per earlier in the season.

If the answer from Stuart is no, we carry on as we are, then I would wait and see if we get a point or not from the Weymouth game, then make a decision.
If he holds his hand up and agrees it is not working and needs adjusting and puts that into practice, then carry on.

I fully understand that we do not have the resources to bring in another manager for the rest of this season.

But if we fail at Weymouth, against one of the teams below us, without at least trying something different, then personally I think we should play out the rest of the season without a manager.

The chairman/club captain can pick the team and substitutes, and let the players themselves decide on tactics before each game.

If that results in us staying above the bottom three positions, job done and there will be plenty of time then to get in a proper manager for the next season.

Shoot me down.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Stoney Ground » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:03 pm

deadly wrote:If I was the chairman, I would be asking Stuart if he intends tweaking things for the Weymouth game.

I.E. Even a non-footballing person like myself can see that having Dennon playing where he is now is not working, and by all means carry on pass-pass-pass but attempt more forward passing to those that run into space, and speed it up a bit by more one-touch footie, as per earlier in the season.

If the answer from Stuart is no, we carry on as we are, then I would wait and see if we get a point or not from the Weymouth game, then make a decision.
If he holds his hand up and agrees it is not working and needs adjusting and puts that into practice, then carry on.

I fully understand that we do not have the resources to bring in another manager for the rest of this season.

But if we fail at Weymouth, against one of the teams below us, without at least trying something different, then personally I think we should play out the rest of the season without a manager.

The chairman/club captain can pick the team and substitutes, and let the players themselves decide on tactics before each game.

If that results in us staying above the bottom three positions, job done and there will be plenty of time then to get in a proper manager for the next season.

Shoot me down.

Bang :lol:
Stoney Ground

Postby FGW » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:32 pm

Disappointed.....

That said, a delightful goal from Bird when Okimo ventured forward with the ball and delivered a peach of a pass for the forward to slot into the net

The midfield spent too much time facing their own goal and missed umpteen opportunities to play the ball forward thus turning the opposition back line

Crowd given as 718 (i counted circa 145 visitors), clearly the hordes had a better offer between 3 to 5 PM yesterday!

Not sure why the Club opted to give the visitors the 'top end' of the ground in the first place, they don't as a rule travel in large numbers...

Media Team appeared to be short of bodies - why didn't the club seek appropriate volunteers to assist?

Looking forward to Weymouth Away next Saturday....
FGW

Postby charlie » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:39 pm

Looking forward to your next prediction away at Weymouth. FGW

Just don t get carried away again....... thinking back to a certain 4-3 scoreline several seasons ago.

I prefer my Doom and Gloom predictions.
charlie

Postby worruz » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:48 pm

Wobs wrote:
I'm worried about the fact that we have 10 points from 11 games. That equates to 40 points from 44 games which would probably mean relegation. Yes we may be 16th but many of the teams below us have a game in hand and better goal difference. Teams like Southend are surely going to move up the table imo.

What worries me even more is our inability to win games. The 2 we have won were hardly deserved. At King's Lynn we had one shot, were outplayed 1st half and defended heroically for 45 mins in the 2nd. Against altrincham we got a last minute winner as a result of the ref giving a handball in the box - most would have said that a draw would have been fair.

Dagenham away and Aldershot home spring to mind as examples of games where we couldn't hold onto leads which is something else we need to do. There's a time and a place for passing the ball around in your own third but the last 10 minutes yesterday wasn't it. We should have been time-wasting (not pretty I know) at every opportunity and we should have been up in the corners trying to play keepball ala Harry Goodger.

Losing 1-2 against a team with 10 men when we were 1-0 up after 87 minutes really takes the biscuit as someone else has said.

Worse than losing 1-2 to Sutton when we were awarded a penalty at 1-1 in the 90th minute is debatable. Both results depressed me no end.

Thank you.

Honesty and realism from someone involved with the club.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby attic » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:54 pm

Another thing. Never underestimate how utterly hacked off the board will be feeling. Money wise this has probably cost us well over 40k. Prize money, 2500 crowd v Salford, bar takings etc. That's also without even contemplating live coverage. Not getting that money has made relegation more likely.

I am still utterly angered and feel conned by that 2nd half display yesterday. I am sure the board are too. No doubt they will have to reflect on and do all they can to help improve things.

Look at Daggers report. 'Mental strength" is the key wording here. We have showed it fleetingly this season, but was totally MIA yesterday.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Royal Blue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:53 pm

For some of us, the question for the board was - should we hold onto SM BEFORE the FA Cup game. They’ve now paid that £40k price. The writing was on the wall. This new ‘style’ since Kings Lynn has been a disaster and a great deal of support/goodwill may well have been lost. That another issue for the board.

So lost revenue, poor results and a style of play that no one likes. Build a brand/club on that…

And against 10 f***ing men.

Truly bizarre.
Royal Blue

Postby byronpark » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:10 pm

1 nil up and we f.....d it up. Talk your way out of this one Maynard, I suppose it will be everybodys fault but yours.
A crap system of play sideways, sideways, backwards then up to the centre line then backwards again, no point in
naming forwards in the line up as they don't get any service. The team has picked up your fear of getting beat by
more than one goal. What are you trying to achieve, send the opposition to sleep, Your system is a disaster waiting to happen,
one mistake and that's it no way back. The only thing going forward yesterday was the clock. Keep this system up and it is
relegation, mind you I doubt if you will be around. You state in the programme that Quote We all have to be on the same page
and stick together for the club to prosper. Well guess what after yesterdays debacle you managed to lose the support of the
supporters as well as losing the club at least £6000. Over to you Mr Chairman a word in the ear games coming up against clubs we need to pick up
points from Weymouth, Barnet and Dover, failure to do so must result in the thanks but no thanks handshake.
byronpark

Postby John Young » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:05 am

After having a couple more days to reflect on the huge disappointment, and seeing the possibility of playing class of 92’s team and then down the road landing Pompey, I come to these thoughts.
IMO we have a squad capable of competing with anyone in this league, first 6-7 games showed us that. The only problem in those games was anytime we made an error the opposition punished us by scoring, costing us valuable points. We were attractive to watch but not getting points required, so I think this is where MT made a decision to try and tighten up become harder to beat ? resulting in a more negative style of football. The only problem with this is , it’s boring to watch, it’s turning positive players into half the players they were looking and we are still losing by making mistakes. We desperately need to revert how we were playing , moving the ball quicker and forwards. Play , players in correct position, not picking on Dennon but he is no wing back and if MT can’t see that by now (wow) we do have a problem.
We all have opinions and with the squad we have to get the best it’s 4-2-3-1
Wickens . RB Eleferou CB Cook and Tavares LB Okimo
2Holding midfielders Charles Cooper
3 attacking midfielders right Jackson centre Browne left Wishart
Forward Josh : Subs Bird, Fasanmade, Parish, Buse, Lewis
Bench has pace on it to be used say with 25 minutes to go. Some will agree lots will have there own ideas of structure and who would play, but we have to use players in their right positions to get the best. We have 3 massive games in the next 4 games along with Grimsby at home coming. To compete with Grimsby will be tough but negative style and playing out from our own penalty box will result in one outcome. Adapt and change is all part of football, not just repeating the same week after week NO club/ manager does that. So MT show everyone you are able to adapt and change things and players show some determination to turn things around. See you at sunny Weymouth.
John Young

Postby Not Happy » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:44 am

Seems to be little scrutiny of the board here. The process to acquire a manager and the catastrophic failure to provide a remotely competitive playing budget surely need more cross party evaluation?
Not Happy

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum