The 2022-2023 players departed/retained/signed thread

For all things Wealdstone FC

The 2022-2023 players departed/retained/signed thread

Postby attic » Tue May 17, 2022 2:44 pm

We've 5 or 6 existing players apparently signed on for next season already but until confirmed best not to start building a team around them.

Appears Ira Jackson is on his way already judging by twitter posts. Was a good asset for the club with his community work and always gave 100%. Probably came up just short of expectations though. A few nice finishes here and there but really needs to work on other areas of his game. A step down a level would definitely benefit him and help him rebuild his career. Good luck to him.

The wish list has to include midfielder Jayden Harris from Aldershot. Apparently ever so close to signing last season. Not sure if he's still Fulham's player or whether he is signed permanently for them?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Re: The 2022-2023 players departed/retained/signed thread

Postby Blue Stone » Tue May 17, 2022 7:46 pm

According to their Shotsweb forum Jayden Harris is on contract at Aldershot:

http://www.shotsweb.co.uk/phpbb/viewtop ... 0d5a97aaf8
Blue Stone

Postby John Young » Tue May 17, 2022 8:01 pm

So (assuming)! They have signed for next season we have:
Defenders: Cook Okimo Tavares and Mundle-Smith
Midfield: Charles Dyer Ferguson Elito
Strikers: Umerah Browne
But that is a lot of assumption. That would be 10 players , so at least another 10 required. Interesting times ahead and a lot of hard work for MT.
John Young

Postby The Guvnor » Tue May 17, 2022 8:05 pm

6 announced as leaving today with no real surprises. A bit of dead wood plus 2 who finished the season in and around the team but over the previous 9 months did very little so whatever the reasons for their departures I doubt any stones fans will be having a sleepless night.
The Guvnor

Postby attic » Tue May 17, 2022 8:06 pm

More departures!

Wishart: Thought he went ages ago?
Mascoli: Limited appearances. Did okay when he got his chance.
Eleftheriou: Solid during his spell in the side. Unlucky with injury since.
Cooper: Wholehearted, never shirked a challenge. Main issue was lack of pace and ability to give the ball away too easily in promising situations.
Marigliani: Backup keeper. Did he come on at Bromley? Did ok if it was him.

So far the 'asterisk' list is in keeping in with that predicted on the terraces.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby worruz » Wed May 18, 2022 5:12 am

Be selective, be objective, be an asset to the collective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby charlie » Wed May 18, 2022 7:08 am

Sad to see Cooper has gone..

He was always doing a bit of this and a bit of that, then he s gone.. " Just like that"

"Very original".. charlie.. "Thank you very much."
charlie

Postby byronpark » Wed May 18, 2022 11:09 pm

Cooper was another of the loan players, was on loan from his parent club Barrow, where his dad was manager until recently and he was a full time pro.
byronpark

Postby CJC » Thu May 19, 2022 7:33 am

Thought Charlie Cooper was signed from Woking and was permanent. Sad sad to see him go he did the ugly stuff in midfield. I am sure the MT have a better replacement lined up.
CJC

Postby Blue Stone » Thu May 19, 2022 11:19 am

I'm also disappointed to see Cooper go. I thought his work rate was decent and some of his assists made him a worthwhile retention.

I also think his goals in the last two games might have meant that Ira Jackson was worth keeping. He did show he has the ability to finish and with more opportunities he might have been able to to show what he can do?

Of the list in John Young's post of (possible retentions) I think most of them are players I would like to see stay. Especially so in the cases of Josh Umerah, Rhys Brown, Nik Tavares and Jack Cook. Those I think are crucial. I certainly feel Josh is a player who has developed over the year. In pre-season and at the start of the season I thought his hold up play wasn't great and for a big lad he didn't put himself about enough and his goals tally was only average. He almost seemed too nice. But over the season his hold up play has improved and he puts himself about a bit more and worries defenders. And finally of course he has shown he has the ability to score more goals.

The one player I'm not so sure of retaining is Alex Dyer. Age may be catching up with him so I'm not sure he still has the fitness for this level.

Will be interesting to see who is coming in and on possible loans. Interesting to see Moussa Diarra leaving Woking. I was hopping he might be one of our targets but I see he has gone to Havant and Waterlooville.
Blue Stone

Next

Return to stonesnet forum