NATIONAL LEAGUE CANCELLED

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: NATIONAL LEAGUE CANCELLED

Postby The Guvnor » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:06 pm

Didn't Boston United go straight to NLN ?
The Guvnor

Postby deadly » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:14 pm

The Guvnor wrote:Didn't Boston United go straight to NLN ?

Yes, they did. They were a league side but got relegated straight into the then Conference North.
So there is a precedence.
(I had mentioned the possibility a while ago on here, page 28 ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_United_F.C.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby attic » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:49 am

deadly wrote:
The Guvnor wrote:Didn't Boston United go straight to NLN ?

Yes, they did. They were a league side but got relegated straight into the then Conference North.
So there is a precedence.
(I had mentioned the possibility a while ago on here, page 28 ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_United_F.C.

How on Earth did that happen then? Were they on the end of some punishment before this decision was made? I though the idea of a pyramid was that you drop a level at a time?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby deadly » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:53 am

attic wrote:

How on Earth did that happen then? Were they on the end of some punishment before this decision was made? I though the idea of a pyramid was that you drop a level at a time?

Adam, you are wasted on here, you should be a politician.

If you bother to click on the link above to their Wikipedia entry, you will be able to actually read how their double relegation came about.
Hint: it involves money. :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Some further info about Macclesfield:

things could get further complicated after the vote on the relegation side IF Macclesfield end up as the team coming out of the EFL I think there is every chance they would go straight into NLN as Boston did in 2007. That would save Ebbsfleet at the AGM.

I thought their fate was being decided at a meeting last Friday. It's gone quiet on that front, as well.

The Independent tribunal met on Friday. They have apparently deferred their judgement until after Maccs next court appearance on Wednesday in front of Justice Sir Horace "Hang'em High" Bulstrode on the off chance they get a damn good thashing.
Last edited by deadly on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby attic » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:29 am

deadly wrote:
Adam, you are wasted on here, you should be a politician.

If you bother to click on the link above to their Wikipedia entry, you will be able to actually read how their double relegation came about.
Hint: it involves money. :lol: :lol:

When I see an open access platform like Wikepedia I tend to glance over it.

My latest moan is this whole 'behind closed doors' nonsense that seems to be proudly being plastered everywhere when it comes to play off football. I suppose at least it guarantees the game gets played. However surely at Non League level you should be letting 10% in but charging £30 a ticket to cover costs. Gives the ground a basic ambiance and will help with paying the various c19 player testing costs etc. But no...it seems other aspects of life can just sidestep social distancing yet football has to obey orders. Generation Y has pretty much decided 'herd immunity' is the way forward judging by those retards charging into Nike and Primark yesterday. So Cummings was right all along.

Realistically though, once the 2m rule is dropped (as it surely has to be by August) then I'd expect football will have some room for maneuver. Football is a cultural and economic giant, it needs a can do attitude to get back to normal.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Royal Blue » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:27 pm

And whilst we're talking common sense - why not do it throughout football? Well here I guess at the higher levels it would require a tonne of management and there would be a rampant black market for tickets, etc.

But back to non-league - you're right - why CBD or not at all? You can protest, pile into the Nike store but not go and watch a playoff game 2m apart in an industry crying out for cash flow?

I think what you've mentioned is a good idea and worth promoting? It would certainly helping with the funding. We're going to half to take some risk with Coronavirus as it is not going away and China are trying to get back on top of it again. We've got to live with it sensibly without destroying whole sectors.
Royal Blue

Postby Royal Blue » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:35 pm

Chester want to know how much it is going to cost.

They are wasting their time - they need to get a vote in.

https://twitter.com/ThomasFeaheny/statu ... 5978987520
Royal Blue

Postby Royal Blue » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:39 pm

Lastly, a lot of clubs publicly nailing colours to mast regarding voting intention. It may actually be possible to calculate the vote before tomo at this rate. But anyway, only one more sleep.
Royal Blue

Postby 08masonl » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:15 pm

Notts County, Halifax Town and Chesterfield have all publicly stated they'll vote for the motion
08masonl

Postby breakspear stones » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:27 pm

Doesn’t this poll need ratification from the FA before any final approval ?
breakspear stones

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum