DCMS funding

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: DCMS funding

Postby Royal Blue » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:40 pm

Kings Lynn today - "We are able to confirm that next week’s home National League fixtures with Barnet and Weymouth will take place as scheduled but are unable to confirm that we will play any further fixtures after February 27th at this current time."

That develops things a little bit from 'just Dover'.

Kings Lynn have no axe to grind or motive to be difficult - must be just the money. Yes, they are in the bottom 3 but of course there is no relegation. Statement goes on - "At present our chairman is working very hard behind the scenes as he seeks clarity on the various scenarios in these unprecedented times."

I dare say we are also seeking answers before making decisions.
Royal Blue

Postby Stoney Ground » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:43 pm

Royal Blue wrote:Kings Lynn today - "We are able to confirm that next week’s home National League fixtures with Barnet and Weymouth will take place as scheduled but are unable to confirm that we will play any further fixtures after February 27th at this current time."

That develops things a little bit from 'just Dover'.

Kings Lynn have no axe to grind or motive to be difficult - must be just the money. Yes, they are in the bottom 3 but of course there is no relegation. Statement goes on - "At present our chairman is working very hard behind the scenes as he seeks clarity on the various scenarios in these unprecedented times."

I dare say we are also seeking answers before making decisions.

He’s a shyster, tried to buy in at Wrexham and a dodgy past he tries to hide.
Stoney Ground

Postby Royal Blue » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:49 pm

Another little twist - https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/statu ... 7150796810

DCMS decline FOI request on details of National League funding. Wow.
Royal Blue

Postby attic » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:41 pm

Royal Blue wrote:Another little twist - https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/statu ... 7150796810

DCMS decline FOI request on details of National League funding. Wow.

I think it's safe to say:

There's been a bit of a f**k up....
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby 61663 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:38 pm

61663 wrote:The evolving club shenanigans in response to the ongoing shambles gather apace.... we now have the Chair of Dork(ing) Wanderers threatening legal action against the NL if the season is declared N&V ..... absolutely nothing to do with this narcissist’s personal ambitions nor the fact that The Dorks currently sit atop of the NLS .... no it’s to ‘prevent the club from declaring redundancies’ .... funny how he can budget for legal costs which will probably run into tens of thousands......

Season 2, Episode 1 of the hit series ‘More Tales of The NL Omnishambles’ has just been aired....

The Dorks Chairman has now ‘appointed a legal team’ to start action v the NL ......

Reference is made to the ‘majority’ vote of NL and NLS to carry on ..... and ‘my name is Spartacus’ is looking to get countersignatures from ‘supporting NL clubs’, in reality nothing more than a bit of shit stirring ‘divide and rule’ by the Dork Chief... clearly a believer in ‘levelling up’.......

Actually thinks he can pretend that he can legitimately ‘place on record’ support for those clubs who believe the season is now unsustainable. His logic is that he has to ‘protect and support those clubs who in contrast are equally financially affected by closing down of the season’ ... utter bollox when he can get furlough and a deferred loan if he so wishes (and can be reasonably inferred that is affordable by DWFC).... instead he has embarked on a glory hunting crusade which will only cause more unnecessary infighting and irrelevant navel gazing .... has this clown really thought through the known outcome of overturning the N&V vote for the NLN and NLS clubs who wanted termination....?

What is needed is that the FA or DCMS force the incumbent NL board to appoint an independent investigation panel into how and why this sorry mess came about, and to make recommendations about the shortcomings in NL governance and management structures to be implemented to prevent as far as possible any repeat of this fiasco in the future...
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby deadly » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:30 pm

61663 wrote:[quote="61663"
What is needed is that the FA or DCMS force the incumbent NL board to appoint an independent investigation panel into how and why this sorry mess came about, and to make recommendations about the shortcomings in NL governance and management structures to be implemented to prevent as far as possible any repeat of this fiasco in the future...

That would be nice, however, unless say, it becomes a political issue, I cannot see the DCMS becoming involved in what is essentially a small (to them) matter.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departmen ... nternet%20.

As for the FA becoming involved, practically all the National League board are also very well-connected to the FA in one capacity or another.

Turkeys will not after all vote for Christmas. :roll: :roll: :roll:
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby s.k.khanna » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:09 pm

Royal Blue wrote:Dover have now been charged with failing to fulfil a fixture.
They had previously said - “Dover Athletic can confirm that all management, players, and staff have now been furloughed to safeguard the club’s long-term future.”
I think Dover will ultimately be kicked out - especially if they miss another fixture.

Whilst the whole funding issue has taken on very emotional and passionate opinions, ultimately The National League (like all established institutions) work to the premise of their own very black and white League Rules. All teams who participate within it are given the League Rules before the season starts and agree to it's content. If they don't they have the option to withdraw but once the Season starts they have to comply.

So, whether Dover, King's Lynn or indeed ourselves like it or not the decision to continue our Division has been democratically voted upon and therefore we have to comply. How we do so has been deliberated on elsewhere so I wont dwell on it here. Sentiment aside then, as you suggest, failure to comply will result in penalties. What those penalties are can be open to interpretation but as far as I can tell from the Rulebook the following seems relevant:

"8.39 Where a match has been postponed for any reason, the two Clubs concerned must agree within seven (7) days of the postponement a
new date (which shall, save in exceptional circumstances, be within 42 days of the original date) and in default the Board is empowered to order Clubs to play on a date it considers suitable. The Competition Secretary shall determine the new date.
Any Club without just cause failing to fulfil an engagement to play a Competition match on the appointed date shall for each offence be liable to expulsion from the Competition and/ or such other disciplinary action the Board may determine, including the deduction of up to a maximum of three points from the offending Club’s record, any expenses incurred by their opponents, and a fine.
In the event of a Club being in breach of the previous paragraph of this Rule then the Board may award points to the Club not at fault as if the match had been played and the League table shall reflect the position as if the match had been played with the result awarded by the Board."

Will be interesting if King's Lynn also decide to pull out of playing fixtures. "Expulsion from the Competition" could mean relegation to the Northern, Southern or Isthmian feeder leagues.
s.k.khanna

Postby 61663 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:08 pm

The two key words in this seemingly never ending imbroglio are ‘just cause’....

I doubt very much someone like the Chairman of DA has not already taken legal advice on how this term can be interpreted and applied within the context of these ‘extraordinary times’.

Of course it could also be reasonably argued the failure of NL to address the current crisis effectively is ironically the result of the management failure of this particular complainant in his now former role on the NL board.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby Royal Blue » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:40 pm

61663 wrote:The two key words in this seemingly never ending imbroglio are ‘just cause’....

I doubt very much someone like the Chairman of DA has not already taken legal advice on how this term can be interpreted and applied within the context of these ‘extraordinary times’.

Yes. And if contested would go before an independent panel and perhaps ultimately up town to the High Court. If the terms of the loans breach league rules then that is another factor. Then there are Director's responsibilities and the law. So, there may be conflicts within the rules due to the extraordinary circumstances - giving further rise to just cause.

Dover went early, Kings Lynn looking to 'sit it out' and us, don't know yet.

King's Lynn are the ones to watch because they are seeking clarification from the FA I understand.

Looking at reports on tomorrow's 'roadmap', there is unlikely to be good news from Boris on spectators anytime soon.

So is it that bad to let clubs that can't afford to continue 'sit it out'' in these extraordinary times? Far from ideal, but acceptable this one time I say.
Royal Blue

Postby attic » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:24 pm

Royal Blue wrote:
61663 wrote:The two key words in this seemingly never ending imbroglio are ‘just cause’....

Yes. And if contested would go before an independent panel and perhaps ultimately up town to the High Court. If the terms of the loans breach league rules then that is another factor. Then there are Director's responsibilities and the law. So, there may be conflicts within the rules due to the extraordinary circumstances - giving further rise to just cause.

Dover went early, Kings Lynn looking to 'sit it out' and us, don't know yet.

King's Lynn are the ones to watch because they are seeking clarification from the FA I understand.

Looking at reports on tomorrow's 'roadmap', there is unlikely to be good news from Boris on spectators anytime soon.

So is it that bad to let clubs that can't afford to continue 'sit it out'' in these extraordinary times? Far from ideal, but acceptable this one time I say.

Suggests spectators back in June?? No doubt they want to ensure a few thousand suits, clebs and MPs can attend the European championships!!
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum