Covid related bits and pieces.........

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Covid related bits and pieces.........

Postby attic » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:26 pm

Royal Blue wrote:
I used to think that but now I'm not so sure. Society appears to be centred around TV content (consuming, discussing and tweeting about it) and ordering in. Juuuuuusssst Eaaatttt!! - 'chicken wings to the crib', etc.

Having said that, I'm hearing the 19 July really is it and there's no where to go politically. They are, after all, calling forward the 18 year olds now and their chance of falling ill is minute.

God help us if we still have to wear masks in public spaces after 19 July. But experts warn..

True. Theres plenty of gumps about who saw a winter lockdown as a right result. I'm sure plenty of box sets were happily consumed along with whatever Deliveroo were offering on special.

Looking very good for the 19th July although of course talk of winter lockdowns being threatened just to keep the plebs in place. Think I've said it already but any hint of BCD in winter then just do a Dover. We absolutely cannot go through that again.

Looking at full crowds in Hungary, supporters openly celebrating together at the NL play off final etc, the majority demographic on show are low risk covid wise. BCD at an outside event was an utter shitshow in the first place.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby The Guvnor » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:24 am

So full steam ahead for the new season with Boris announcing he's going to leave it to the individual to use their common sense.

What could go wrong.............
The Guvnor

Postby attic » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:56 am

The Guvnor wrote:So full steam ahead for the new season with Boris announcing he's going to leave it to the individual to use their common sense.

Looking forward to the verbals and youtube videos of what will become the great mask divide!!!! First off....Gary the builder, 25 v Karen the HR manager 45 both crammed into the same square foot on the jubilee line.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby GingerGuy » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:13 pm

Looking forward to the verbals and youtube videos of what will become the great mask divide!!!! First off....Gary the builder, 25 v Karen the HR manager 45 both crammed into the same square foot on the jubilee line.

HILARITY ENSUES when asymptomatic Gary passes it on to Karen, who is living with her elderly mother. I guess that bit won’t be on YouTube.
GingerGuy

Postby worruz » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:24 am

GingerGuy wrote:

HILARITY ENSUES when asymptomatic Gary passes it on to Karen, who is living with her elderly mother. I guess that bit won’t be on YouTube.

You're correct.

I will continue to wear one on public transport, in shops and at work. I'll also try to wear one in other circumstances where possible. Theatre etc I'll try to do what I can.

I work with people who are on the front line and come into contact with many vulnerable people, people undergoing chemotherapy etc. Its really no laughing matter.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby worruz » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:30 am

The Guvnor wrote:So full steam ahead for the new season with Boris announcing he's going to leave it to the individual to use their common sense.

I know I've posted this before but have no qualms in doing so again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3NAx3tsy-k

We have an absolute clownish bell-end of a Prime Minister.

He has no common sense....or access to contraceptives.

What hope have we when idiocy is celebrated?
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby attic » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:52 pm

By the way don't the likes of TFL have authority to enforce mask wearing in the same way they can smoking??
attic

Postby The Guvnor » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:58 pm

worruz wrote:He has no common sense....or access to contraceptives.

I looked at his Wikipedia entry recently and where it says children the comment was at least 6 !

He's not called Bonking Boris for nothing.
The Guvnor

Postby Stoney Ground » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:39 pm

The Guvnor wrote:
worruz wrote:He has no common sense....or access to contraceptives.

I looked at his Wikipedia entry recently and where it says children the comment was at least 6 !

He's not called Bonking Boris for nothing.

Ever thought of becoming a detective :lol:
Stoney Ground

Postby attic » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:03 am

Report from the Jubilee line at Finchley Road. Most wearing masks. A couple of stoned looking surf boys off to Brighton not. A flock of middle aged hens pile onto the train at Swiss Cottage, off to Wimbledon no doubt. Immediately the clucking and Karening starts and the 'why aren't you......' 'selfish' 'think of the vulnerable' etc etc. The two youngsters shuffled off at Green Park and put their masks on once on the platform. Very odd. Fully masked up on the SWT to Weymouth apart from a dog that's splayed across the walkway.

Come on England!!!
attic

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum