Next WFC manager

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Next WFC manager

Postby StoneBroke » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:29 pm

financial survival has to be the priority. I have been hopi g we can stay up so I can support us in the national league, but I would now trade a relegation to ensure I have a club to support. I am sure the board feel the urgent need to cut our cloth according to our situation and just hope for the best in terms of results on the pitch. I would be surprised if this was not the root of the managers departure. Managers come and go. Brennan’s loyalty is to his career, the boards loyalty is to the club and their guardianship of it. If we have a club at the end of this f***ing pandemic we should be grateful for that.
StoneBroke

Postby attic » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:33 pm

StoneBroke wrote:financial survival has to be the priority. I have been hopi g we can stay up so I can support us in the national league, but I would now trade a relegation to ensure I have a club to support. I am sure the board feel the urgent need to cut our cloth according to our situation and just hope for the best in terms of results on the pitch. I would be surprised if this was not the root of the managers departure. Managers come and go. Brennan’s loyalty is to his career, the boards loyalty is to the club and their guardianship of it. If we have a club at the end of this f***ing pandemic we should be grateful for that.

Much logic there. But I for one desperately want to stay at this level.

I suppose if it was to be an all change, looking at Conference South candidates. Steve King's name comes up from time to time. Has a good track record in getting value from his budgets even if they are usually fairly healthy. The bloke from Dorking.......would he be interested in pallying up with Rory as a manager/owner type?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby 08masonl » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:43 pm

Glen Little?
08masonl

Postby attic » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:46 pm

08masonl wrote:Glen Little?

What's his managerial CV for the past three years???
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby The Guvnor » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:12 am

The one thing we have seen in recent years is that there will be no shortage of applicants for the job. If an ex player has proved himself as a manager elsewhere over a period of time then of course have a look at him but if not forget it. I don't think anyone expected DB to be with us next season anyway so its just brought the whole situation forward a bit. Personally I'd like to have a manager who is going to stick around for a bit, so one who is a bit older and not just seeing us a stepping stone to bigger and better things. And also a manager who accepts where we are as a club and doesnt then moan about it every 5 minutes. I did mention it a while back but it was starting to become very irritating all this we are little Wealdstone, part time, been at work all day etc. DB was beginning to sound like one of these day time TV adverts for charitable causes. Please give generously for tinpot Wealdstone so that they can lead a normal life.
The Guvnor

Postby charlie » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:15 am

Gary McCann over at Hampton. Some call him Fatman.
charlie

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:09 am

We'll be inundated with applicants, as we were last time as a NLS club. And it probably does now require someone experienced at a higher level (or NL level) in order to keep us here and build the foundations to push on.

We're an unbelievable club with so much to offer but there is also a huge amount of work required to bridge the gap between where we are and where we need to be. There has to be a strategy and plan to get security of tenure, redevelop our facilities, grow revenues and move towards full time football. That requires external investment, whether it's individuals, grants or loans. If we do nothing except ask more from supporters then we'll end up back in the NLS.

And the baseline is shifting.. ambitious clubs in the NLS are investing and growing, so standing still off the pitch will actually see us go backwards. And in the NL, even the other new boys like Weymouth and Altrincham are bringing on board investment and evolving the way they are run. A plan for doing that at the Stones will attract a different calibre of applicant.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby deadly » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:32 am

BillyByrneFan wrote:
charlie wrote:The two loans will be returning without kicking a ball in anger at this rate.

The Arsenal lad is till the end of the season, Watford player is a month.

In the light of the news of DB's departure,
perhaps the highlighted part of this new signing post on the main website may be of significance:

" Langston joins the Stones on a one-month loan deal from SkyBet Championship club Watford.
He signed professional with the Hornets in November 2019 and is currently captain of their academy side having regularly featured in their U23 team this season and also involved in first team training."

So possibly at least for a few weeks it could be Stuart Maynard assuming the role as manager with George Langston as number two in training.?
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby GingerGuy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:45 am

also involved in first team training

I think that just means he's training WITH the first team. Not coaching them.
GingerGuy

Postby deadly » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:57 am

GingerGuy wrote:
also involved in first team training

I think that just means he's training WITH the first team. Not coaching them.

Ah, silly me, of course that makes more sense.

Saw this tweet, which may or may not be relevant:

Wealdstone FC Fans Retweeted
Holly @Holly68Paul 2h
Replying to @MartinQ19822004 and @Wealdstone_FC
No he wont, Stuart is committed to Wealdstone is my understanding and the relationship between them isn’t as strong as once was

And this will be interesting tonight:

https://twitter.com/LamminReece/status/ ... 1767266306

Me and Co-Host
@aaron_moore25
are looking forward to interviewing assistant manager of National League Side
@WealdstoneFC

@stumaynard
tonight for our first ever non league podcast. Be great to catch up with him and talk about life in the National League.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum