Club Statement

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Club Statement

Postby charlie » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:11 pm

Another Party Political Statement from 61663.

You should go into politics,
charlie

Postby attic » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:53 pm

Appears we've taken a loan out then. I'm sure this wasn't a decision taken lightly and as to how much I'm sure will come out at some stage. Seems the terms and conditions are very reasonable. Speculate to accumulate comes to mind too.

https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/ground-grading-and-dcms-funding-application
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Whatmough » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:39 am

attic wrote:Appears we've taken a loan out then. I'm sure this wasn't a decision taken lightly and as to how much I'm sure will come out at some stage. Seems the terms and conditions are very reasonable. Speculate to accumulate comes to mind too.

Been accepted but not taken out as needs an EGM for approval.
Whatmough

Postby deadly » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:55 am

Whatmough wrote:
attic wrote:Appears we've taken a loan out then. I'm sure this wasn't a decision taken lightly and as to how much I'm sure will come out at some stage. Seems the terms and conditions are very reasonable. Speculate to accumulate comes to mind too.

Been accepted but not taken out as needs an EGM for approval.

And of course our major shareholder may object.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby 61663 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:11 am

No doubt the exact details will have to be shared at the EGM

As indicated elsewhere and in earlier threads the terms are very generous compared to a standard commercial loan.

If another £250,000 is being sought (unlikely as the fund is only £10 million for 60+ clubs) , the cost would be under £20k a year for the full 15 year term. However it is probable a relatively smaller sum has been approved and to be repaid over a shorter period.

So onto queries about the proposed EGM

1. How is the EGM going to be organised to ensure compliance with evolving Covid regulations? It is reasonable to expect that the club will buy a Zoom business license - £160 pa for hosting up to 300 participants - to facilitate optimum attendance.

2. Has the share holder list been updated since the last submission to companies house in 2020. It is apparent shares sold over the ‘Christmas Promotion’ period to new and current shareholders have - after three full months - not resulted in the issue of share certificates to such purchasers.

3. The Supporters Club is one of the largest individual shareholders. Will they be convening a parallel (zoom) meeting to formally and transparently determine their position on the proposal? This is important in the (unlikely) event that the current largest shareholder attends the EGM and decides to try and scupper the motion.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby Royal Blue » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:55 am

With the prospect of every adult offered a jab (or even both) by August and the end of restrictions on June 21, no relegation and now a long term cheap loan, there is be a fantastic opportunity to grow the club and hopefully normalise at NL level. It's all there. The terms of the loan are a no brainer.

A stable and hopefully gifted and driven management team is also a crucial ingredient - to translate into some wins, better cup performances and the odd free kick that makes the keeper work.

Also be nice to sort Dead Fox Corner because we should play if it rains.

So, good news on the grading and the loan.

UTS
Royal Blue

Postby worruz » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:04 pm

20 year term of the loan.

Good news as we'd have gone under by then and we'll never have to pay all the money back.

Small wins boys and girls, small wins.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum