Losing 4-1 at Wrexham

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Losing 4-1 at Wrexham

Postby Bowgetstone » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:33 am

Another dismal display. Another 4 goals conceded by a defence not fit for purpose. Same excuses, if so and so was fit it would be different etc. No it wouldn’t. The bottom line is the team is not good enough to compete at this level ,and we haven’t got the finances to change it . If we survive due to no relegation, we will face the same problems next season, with no money and a part team playing against full time, well paid teams. I’d rather watch us playing, and winning ,at a lower level than getting stuffed every week, as we are now.
Bowgetstone

Postby charlie » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:46 am

There is the question posed by Bowgett Stone.

Prefer relegation this season..... or survival for another season and to be able to watch/visit new grounds. ?

Captain Hindsight come forward.
charlie

Postby breakspear stones » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:20 am

If we can’t complete season due to lack of money & this leads to us being relegated so be it as I want a club to follow/support next season

If we stay up myself & many others will be more then happy travelling all round the country to support our team & take it as it comes

UTS
breakspear stones

Postby worruz » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:20 am

For me it's a no brainer.

You always want to play at as high a level as possible.

We don't know what's going to happen next season.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby worruz » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:25 am

Bowgetstone wrote: Same excuses, if so and so was fit it would be different etc. No it wouldn’t. .

Not necessarily.

We lost two important defensive players from midweek. Who knows what would have happened if they'd been fit.

The problem is it doesn't take much of a reshuffle for us to be rendered useless and as Meekings looks like he might be out for a while we could be looking at more stuffings to come.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby attic » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:16 am

worruz wrote:For me it's a no brainer.

You always want to play at as high a level as possible.

We don't know what's going to happen next season.

Absolutely. Just because we got the summer pre season badly wrong and that there was clearly a managerial falling out shouldn't mean we simply give up on this level. There's a reason we are struggling and its not just the PT v FT issue. We knew we were going to get some hammerings this year. Just as we accepted we would when we got promoted into the Conference South. Remember at one stage in October we were rock bottom of the CS and getting done at home 4-1, 3-0, 4-2 by the likes of Bromley, St Albans and Hampton. Eventually we realised we were simply not quick or strong enough in places, 3-4 improved players were brought in and we started grinding out results.

At the moment we are over a barrel as we're playing the top/in form teams with key injuries. Lets see how we perform against one of the lower third teams at the very least before giving up on it altogether.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Royal Blue » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:22 am

breakspear stones wrote:If we can’t complete season due to lack of money & this leads to us being relegated so be it as I want a club to follow/support next season

If we stay up myself & many others will be more then happy travelling all round the country to support our team & take it as it comes

UTS

I suspect this scenario is almost on the table for discussion.

If we are losing cash/trading insolvent and getting stuffed, I really con't see us taking a loan to likely compound the financial situation - because all things considered, on the playing side, it is too late to 'make an impact'. This season is over. Our approach needs an overhaul and a refresh but the money side worries me.

I see Dover are sticking to their word.
Royal Blue

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:26 am

So where are we as regards decision time ?

If we don't have the money to continue then no chairman worth his salt is going to take out loans to keep this squad going. In fact it might be the best option moving forward if we have to furlough. The bottom line is if we're going to lose every week anyway we might as well pay 0 rather than 10k per week .

Or do we just stop playing and take our chances, after all is it not written in the league constitution that its against the rules to trade insolvently ? Not sure they could sanction clubs for abiding by the rules.

Its all a bit Lionel.
The Guvnor

Postby Royal Blue » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:52 am

The Guvnor wrote:So where are we as regards decision time ?

Personally can't see us going beyond the home game to Halifax next Sat without some kind of good news - say exceptional grant awarded or confirmation of immunity from severe sanction. Just a feeling, nothing else.

Perhaps if results had picked up, Rory might have been tempted to get a loan. But with things the way they are - no chance. We have to go back to the drawing board on the pitch otherwise we risk embarrassment.

We did try to remedy but project 2020/21 is done. The Meekings/Olowu and Langston situation was the final nail.
Royal Blue

Postby timfparks » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:16 pm

I tend to agree that the loss of three central defenders has turned a recoverable situation into a virtually untenable one. On Tuesday night we face the powerful and mobile Boreham Wood strike force and I’m hoping SM and MS can pull a rabbit out of the hat to somehow combat that.
This club is committed to moving forward and nobody is throwing in the towel. I think we’ll have to reorganise in the summer, recruit from what will be a big pool of NL footballers and look forward to being really competitive at this level. In the meantime, please keep supporting the club. We’ve been through worse.
timfparks

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum