Halifax players looking to give Stones "a good hiding"

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Halifax players looking to give Stones "a good hiding"

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:28 am

I expect a similar game to Boring Wood where they'll have the bulk of possession so its a case of can they break us down and can we take any of the few chances that will come our way. I know right now we need to maintain and develop our new disciplined style of play but I would love to see RLF and Parish playing together up top. Parish is a talent, a real natural goalscorer so we need to capitalise on that ability. If the management are concerned that it will leave us short in midfield then I guess the obvious answer is to find players that can cope with 4 in midfield.
The Guvnor

Postby Royal Blue » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:29 pm

Defence - there are no options for right back so Effete there and Wishart at left. I expect Langston will be on the bench so Cawley & the Capt at centre.

Mid - Charles and Smith (if fit) to provide the protection. So Mendy and Lewis is perhaps risky. Does Phillips do more for the new shape than Lewis? Or Green?

So would love to see RLF & Parrish up top but just can't see the midfield holding out - especially if Smith is out. I think then - Charles, Smith? (or Phillips), Green & Mendy.

It'll be RLF on his lonesome.

Bench - Parrish (a real shame), Lewis, Langston, Askew +1
Last edited by Royal Blue on Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Blue

Postby Ronnie » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:03 pm

Blue Pom wrote:Just been watching Pearcey on a Buildbase video talking about his time at Wealdstone. He follows us regularly. How about getting him co commentating Tim?

Would be perfect to wind up Notts County fans! Who let's face it don't need much winding up.
Ronnie

Postby Royal Blue » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:10 pm

Ronnie wrote:
Blue Pom wrote:Just been watching Pearcey on a Buildbase video talking about his time at Wealdstone. He follows us regularly. How about getting him co commentating Tim?

Would be perfect to wind up Notts County fans! Who let's face it don't need much winding up.

I’d be surprised if he hasn’t already been asked. Vinnie too.
Royal Blue

Postby Royal Blue » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:39 pm

Halifax odds on to administer the hiding they think we deserve, Stones at 2/1 to win.

Win, lose or draw I think it’ll be some shift tomo.
Royal Blue

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:43 pm

Halifax manager Pete Wild "We all know the absolute farce they put us through at The Shay..we want to go there and give a better account of ourselves than what happened then, and we’re desperate to do that."

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/sport/football/fc-halifax-town-we-all-have-to-be-pragmatic-about-the-situation-says-wild-as-squad-additions-are-put-on-the-back-burner-3154408

This all smacks of little old part time Wealdstone having the audacity to turn up at big old Halifax midweek and get a win. Bizarre language from Wild and his players.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:54 pm

BornundertheElmslie wrote:"We all know the absolute farce they put us through at The Shay..w

Should read the absolute farce we put ourselves through.

Good to see that they took a good hard look at themselves after that night and learned from it.
The Guvnor

Postby Rotorstone » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:15 pm

Halifax manager seems certain that there's no relegation this season.
Rotorstone

Postby deadly » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:14 pm

https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/ston ... 002b7bf9ee

Wealdstone have signed Cheltenham Town defender Daniel Bowry on an initial one-month loan deal from the EFL League Two club.

New loan signing defender goes straight into the squad against Halifax. :o

This IS a surprise. I had assumed we would be trimming the squad, possibly even to putting out youth players to see the season out,
so this indicates that at least for now, Wealdstone will be fighting tooth & nail for every point.
Last edited by deadly on Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:18 pm

deadly wrote:Wealdstone have signed Cheltenham Town defender Daniel Bowry on an initial one-month loan deal from the EFL League Two club.

You can watch him in action on youtube ;

Type in Wealdstone 7 Bath City 0 - he was playing number 5 for Bath.
The Guvnor

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum