King's Lynn tonight

For all things Wealdstone FC

King's Lynn tonight

Postby Ronnie » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:06 pm

Sign of the times I imagine, not even Deadly has posted a preview for which under normal circumstances the term 6 pointer might be appropriate.

Given all the uncertainties we still have to work on the basis that it is, hopefully we have enough fit bodies to field a decent strength team against a team very much in the same boat as us.

UTS
Ronnie

Re: King's Lynn tonight

Postby attic » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:36 pm

Yep....apathy rightly rules. There's only so much stream watching, being on the back foot, uncertainty about the whole situation that fans can take. It's bad enough for those lucky enough to be able to watch the game in a soulless environment, let alone those locked outside watching on a semi jerky stream.

I think it was RB who suggest the other day......this situation is now affecting peoples sanity. Quite what effect it will have on the longer term level of our support is unknown. The assumption that fans will come flooding back is pitted against the possibility that they find other things to do.

Tonight all about getting a half decent side out against another team in a similar position to us.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Stones Throw » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:54 pm

I personally cant wait until tonight. Yes it will be on the stream but it is better than nothing, it certainly does not stop me dishing out advice to some of our players or the ref, or jumping up and down when we score. Likewise I am equally in a bad mood when we lose.

I am looking forward to it. Maybe it is because I have not given us a chance in the last couple of games, which ended in a nice surprise in a few and expected results in others. We also have a chance on paper tonight (usually a recipe for disaster). But oh for the chance to be watching the game live with a full ground on a crisp spring or early autumn evening... its these nights that make worthwhile. We still have all to play for as relegation is not off the table so just as important if it was the first game of the season. Just like when you are stuck in an office the midweek game keeps me going at the beginning of the week and now they are having that effect when sitting in front of the laptop all day at home.
Stones Throw

Postby charlie » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:32 pm

So the injury list reads.. Smith/Wishart/Efette/Langton/Meekings/Olomo/Bowry Suspended.... Plus players on gov scheme

Bob Hope no Hope.
charlie

Postby worruz » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:25 pm

attic wrote:The assumption that fans will come flooding back is pitted against the possibility that they find other things to do.

I'm confident people will come back to watching the Stones and football in general.

I don't think that so many people will find other things to do that it will affect our crowds adversely. I think football is strong enough to survive this.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby timfparks » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:34 pm

We’re doing our best on the stream to keep people informed and entertained, and tonight’s game promises to be lively with king Lynn fielding their ex-premier league and bundesliga striker Simeon Jackson, while we hope to see DP and RL starting the game in tandem. Nominally a 6-pointer but whatever happens, the club needs your continued support. UTS!
timfparks

Postby breakspear stones » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:43 pm

timfparks wrote:We’re doing our best on the stream to keep people informed and entertained, and tonight’s game promises to be lively with king Lynn fielding their ex-premier league and bundesliga striker Simeon Jackson, while we hope to see DP and RL starting the game in tandem. Nominally a 6-pointer but whatever happens, the club needs your continued support. UTS!

Keep up the good work Tim

One thing though can we stop the rambling on about Dead Fox Corner during games
breakspear stones

Postby worruz » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:41 pm

breakspear stones wrote:One thing though can we stop the rambling on during games

Agree

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only joking Tim...
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby Royal Blue » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:36 pm

breakspear stones wrote:
timfparks wrote:We’re doing our best on the stream to keep people informed and entertained, and tonight’s game promises to be lively with king Lynn fielding their ex-premier league and bundesliga striker Simeon Jackson, while we hope to see DP and RL starting the game in tandem. Nominally a 6-pointer but whatever happens, the club needs your continued support. UTS!

Keep up the good work Tim

One thing though can we stop the rambling on about Dead Fox Corner during games

Yes.

And Greeny's 'wand' of a left foot. Please, I beg you.. no more.

Long balls to RLF & Parrish and a bit of Dennon/Isted magik will see us scrape a draw.
Royal Blue

Postby Royal Blue » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:43 pm

Stones Throw wrote:Irelegation is not off the table

As far as I understand it- relegation is off the table unless -

1. The FA do not ratify the votes.
2. We fail to complete our fixtures, in which case a sanction could include relegation.

However, IF the NL board run some sort of mini-competition to ward off the legal action from top placed Step 2 sides then that COULD be one reason for an FA amendment for relegation from step 1. Otherwise, what is the point of the mini-comp?

Best play on and try to get some points until picture is clearer. But we really are bare bones and quite how we are funding this period is a mystery.
Royal Blue

Next

Return to stonesnet forum