Notts County Lost 0 - 1

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Notts County Home Saturday 13/03/2021

Postby Ronnie » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:11 pm

Royal Blue wrote:
Ronnie wrote: let's face it a draw would be an excellent result.

Would it? Perhaps with 5 CBs missing, perhaps.. But I do hope that isn't the message the players receive, subliminally or otherwise. Does the part-time, tinpot, 'free hit' sports psychology work? And it is after all the first test of the newly appointed management team.

Ronnie wrote:No doubt the usual suspects will be poised by their keyboards ready to strike criticism at the team and managerial appointment if we lose, remember chaps this is just 1 match.

With only 5 posts for our 'biggest' league game of recent years, would welcome all but outright abusive content. Engagement about our club is good even if people are hacked off in the moment. Constructive preferred but ultimately soon forgotten.

On the basis Notts haven't lost to anyone in the bottom half, yes a draw would have been a good result in my opinion. But for Isted score could well have been worse but another battling performance against a strong team and the team can be proud of their efforts. There's been plenty on twitter, not surprising plenty don't bother on here with some of the shite posted. Anyway today's abuse very much saved for the linesman who had a shocker, he and the ref were conned time and again by the Notts theatrical appealing company.
Ronnie

Re: Notts County Lost 0 - 1

Postby attic » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:21 pm

We went toe to toe with them and although under a lot of pressure, we made them work extremely hard for their win. This is what our fans want to see against these big, professional sides. Yes of course a little more composure in the final third wouldn't go amiss as we had them under a bit of pressure at the end but never took advantage.

However we are now realistically seeing a never ending series of friendly matches as far as we are concerned.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby TalkinStone » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:23 pm

BKK wrote:
charlie wrote:Large crowd of sponsors just out of camera view. Some stewards wiping the ball when out of play, others just throwing back on the pitch.
Its all bollocks now!! (rules) .Give us a break Mr. Bumble.
John Young looking fit enough to play for the first eleven.Literally bouncing off his seat to collect stray footballs.

As for Football .. Trying the best they can..... One chance 84th minute.. in the penalty area two players ,....both a chance to SHOOT !

KTF.

Can someone tell me why there are kids running around the ground and in camera? Why please?

Yes, very poor form, not very clever stuff really.

As for the game, Stuart and Matt seem to be doing a good job of what’s available to them, making us solid and nicking the odd result. Hopefully when they have more options they can set us up to offer a lot more going forwards.

Can’t really see the point now of wasting money which could go towards giving us something to cheer on next season when we’re actually allowed in.

Likely to be a huge turnover in players over th3 Summer. As MS said in the stream interview, recruitment is key. Take out the loan players, those who haven’t made the grade, Ross likely to retire, the possible loss of Mendy and Dennon and the potential loss of 1 or 2 others we’d like to keep but get better offers, we need as much money as we can to ensure we’re competitive next season.
TalkinStone

Postby Ronnie » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:32 pm

Ronnie

Re: Notts County Home Saturday 13/03/2021

Postby worruz » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:46 pm

Ronnie wrote:There's been plenty on twitter, not surprising plenty don't bother on here with some of the shite posted.

The amount of shite on here is vastly over-exaggerated and is pretty minimal.

If that is what is keeping people away they really need to get a grip.

It's a forum. If some(one) writes cr ap it's OK to challenge it.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby attic » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:49 pm

By the way.....MoM Jack Cawley by a country mile in my opinion.

Kids in the ground?? So what?? Maybe there was no one at home to look after them so they went out with their dad.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby worruz » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:51 pm

Wish we'd bloody shoot.

Green had a chance near the end but as the ball fell on his right foot he hesitated, took ages to get it onto his left, tried to pass in a tight area and just passed it off the pitch.

Very frustrating.

As was the free kick in the first half that flew into the Bulla.

We stayed in the game, kept them to one but couldn't capitalise and get one over the line sadly.
Last edited by worruz on Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

worruz

Postby worruz » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:55 pm

attic wrote:By the way.....MoM Jack Cawley by a country mile in my opinion.

Kids in the ground?? So what?? Maybe there was no one at home to look after them so they went out with their dad.

I don't think people are complaining about kids in the ground as such, more the fact that they don't seem too bothered by the game going on. They shouldn't really be playing with a ball right next to the pitch as well. This isn't Mickey Mouse league football anymore.
I have no problem with kids in the ground but do have more of an issue with ex players turning up, when life long fans who may wish to be there can't.

One particular player, who didn't seem that bothered about turning up when he was actually employed by the club, sticks in the craw more than most.

worruz

Postby worruz » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:57 pm

attic wrote:By the way.....MoM Jack Cawley by a country mile in my opinion.

Crawley has done well recently in my opinion.

Maybe another one in the long list not give a fair chance by some fans after a few iffy early games.

worruz

Postby Ronnie » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:57 pm

I dream about one of our free kicks being on target
Ronnie

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum