One year since Chippenham

For all things Wealdstone FC

One year since Chippenham

Postby worruz » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:13 am

Today is a year to the day since we played Chippenham Town away and that was it for the season.

Of course we've played one game in front of a crowd since then, when we played Weymouth in December, but generally we've not had a proper Stones fix for a year.

Looks like that we may play one or two games with a crowd at the end of this season and hopefully this August there will be no restrictions both in the grounds and in the clubhouses/pubs.

It's been a tough year for many reasons but hopefully the club can come through it.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Re: One year since Chippenham

Postby Dave Reader » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:31 pm

Roll on next season..... UTS
Dave Reader

Postby attic » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:33 pm

Was a funny old atmosphere during and after that game. A bit like we were all on a ship that was possibly going to sink but nobody was quite sure.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby deadly » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:43 pm

attic wrote:Was a funny old atmosphere during and after that game. A bit like we were all on a ship that was possibly going to sink but nobody was quite sure.

I do wonder if the number of covid cases in that last port of call went up sharply after the game from everyone being packed into their clubhouse and with loads tucking into the bowls of bar snacks that had been put out?

I suspect it may have. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nonetheless, after that sea-saw game, the good ship Wealdstone with it's merry crew & oh so slightly tipsy passengers docked into it's rightful Champions Promotion berth...

Eventually. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deadly Seasick.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby attic » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:16 pm

Or the real ale stoats rammed into the pub near the station! Some of the wheezy old greybeards present would have surely become pretty damn Ill had they gone down with it. Hopefully...including our very own greybeard they have all been vaccinated now.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby worruz » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:02 pm

http://www.wealdstonefc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18153&sid=c4355d84e0009ed5d9f52849d7c331d8

Oh go on then, why not?

Makes for quite interesting reading and unsurprisingly not much talk about the actual game.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Return to stonesnet forum