Weymouth Away

For all things Wealdstone FC

Weymouth Away

Postby hillsy » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:25 am

Relegation or not, big game. Huge chance to make a statement and put a big gap between ourselves and the bottom 4. Dare I say I'd take a point?
hillsy

Re: Weymouth Away

Postby deadly » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:42 am

FROM THE CLUBS MAIN WEBSITE:
Wealdstone have signed former Whyteleafe and Hampton & Richmond Borough winger Ryan Gondoh.

'The 23-year old had started this season with the Leafe before joining Hampton on a dual registration deal in November after Whyteleafe's season was curtailed by the coronavirus pandemic.
He has been in prolific scoring form this season, netting a cumulative total of 12 goals in 20 games at both clubs.
Gondoh began his career with Carshalton Athletic before being scouted by then EFL League Two side Barnet, making his Bees debut aged just 17 against Yeovil Town in the EFL Trophy.
Loan deals followed at Hendon and Staines Town before he went on to play for Metropolitan Police, Kingstonian and then back to Carshalton. From there he joined Maldon & Tiptree where his 12 goals in 29 games earned him a move to Colchester United in EFL League Two.
He spent two seasons with the U's making eight appearances and also spending time out on loan at FC Halifax Town in the National League.
From Colchester he spent the disrupted 2019/20 season with Carshalton again and Concord Rangers before joining Whyteleafe.'

Certainly can't harm to have another striker on board at the moment. :D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Gondoh

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/colchester ... he-2455882

Another massive six-pointer , with the bonus of having a whole week to prepare for it in this most punishing of seasons.
Weymouth gained a hard-fought away point in their last game on Tuesday night:

Terras Talk forum:
https://terras.proboards.com/board/4/terras-topics

And their fans have similar concerns that our fans do, here are 2 selected posts:

'Likely to go ahead. Thats just stupid, some poor sods have to negotiate time off for part timers, travel, accommodation (OK maybe not in this case but most games in this league need that) feeding and the rest for a game that MIGHT happen tomorrow.
It's a Tuesday night game that could be played some other Tuesday night ffs.'

'In fairness we are in the National League and abide by their rules, the fact we decided to stay part time is neither here or there. It’s not the league or Dagenham fault that we are only part time (in actual fact 50% of our team if not more are actually full time and training as such), so if you got a game on Tuesday night be prepared and go to get the 3 points!!'

Here is the current League table bottom positions:

17 Solihull Moors.......25 6 1 4 3 4 7 9 5 11 28 31 -3 32
18. Woking...............26 5 6 3 3 1 8 8 7 11 30 30 0 31
19. Wealdstone..........26 6 2 5 2 3 8 8 5 13 34 52 -18 29
20. Weymouth...........27 4 2 9 2 4 6 6 6 15 27 42 -15 24
_______________________________________________________________________________________
21. King's Lynn Town.... 26 3 5 6 3 1 8 6 6 14 33 53 -20 24
22. Barnet................ 26 2 2 10 1 2 9 3 4 19 21 63 -42 13
23. Dover Athletic...... 15 3 1 5 0 0 6 3 1 11 12 35 -23 10

Edit: Stuart's preview:
https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/we ... ew-7825814
'... “We can work with the lads properly and it will be nice to get a full week’s training and some of the things we’ve spoken about we can now try to address.”
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby deadly » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:43 am

A link to the live stream for tomorrow's game:
As usual, you will need to register with a password, and pay by Bank card. Price: £10

https://theterras.online/

BBC Radio Solent apparently do match day updates as well. But will be focusing on the Eastleigh v Halifax game.

From the Weymouth Fans Forum, on a thread discussing the FA & The National League's snail-like pace to come to a final binding position on whether there will be relegation or not this season from the National:

'so, what happened, did I miss an announcement?'

'Apparently tomorrow or even Monday as they can vote by email!'

'That's right.
I tweeted Ollie Bayliss who said that whilst the council met yesterday voting doesn't take place during the meeting.
The wait for clarity goes on and the bubbly stays iced.
What this does mean of course is that tomorrow remains must win.'
deadly

Postby deadly » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:44 am

Weymouth manager's match preview taken from the Dorset Echo's website (minus all their annoying pop-ups and ads):

WEYMOUTH boss Brian Stock has stressed the importance of tomorrow’s Vanarama National League clash with Wealdstone as the Terras look to gain ground in the table (3pm).

After away matches at Wrexham and Dagenham, Stock’s men return to the Bob Lucas Stadium looking to build on promising home form.

Weymouth have claimed 10 points in five home league games, whereas the Stones are winless in their last nine away league games, since a 1-0 win at Halifax in November.

Both sides share similarities being newly promoted and part-time, but Stock is taking nothing for granted due to Wealdstone’s flexibility.

He told Echosport: “It’s an important game for us.

“We come off the back of two away games, a lot of travelling and a lot of sacrifices for some players with their work commitments.

“Wealdstone are still a good side. They’ve still got the same players, there might be one or two changes.

“The one thing that amazes me is how flexible they are as a team. You try and do your homework on opposition.

“Usually, you have an idea of what formation they’ll play. In recent games they’ve flipped between three formations on a regular basis.

“It certainly gets the opposition guessing. They flip between a back four and three. It isn’t easy unless you work on it.

“They’ve got the same restrictions as us in terms of contact time. Fair play to them.”

Weymouth will nurse some players through fatigue after the 1-1 draw with Dagenham, while Calvin Brooks and Sean Shields (both ankle) will be assessed.

Deadly bored Couch Potato. :roll: :oops:
deadly

Postby deadly » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:03 pm

And a second signing in one week:

https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/ston ... le-on-loan

https://www.thetrentend.co.uk/harbottle ... ne-on-loan

'Wealdstone are delighted to announce the loan signing of defender Riley Harbottle from SkyBet Championship club Nottingham Forest.

The Nottingham Forest U23s captain will join The Stones on a one-month youth loan, looking to gain his first test of senior football.

Harbottle who has been with Forest since the foundation stage, will be available for seven of the eight fixtures during this period.'

Now this looks a very promising loan deal. Will he go straight into the squad to face Weymouth?
deadly

Postby LapelsToby » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:03 pm

Half-time WEYMOUTH 1 WEALDSTONE 0

Pretty even first half with the home side carrying slightly more attacking threat, but new signing Harbottle outstanding in the centre of our defence. We will need all 11 players contributing in the second half to get anything out of this game as I thought Lewis and Green were particularly poor. Perhaps we'll get the chance to see Gondoh in action to provide some width. RLF doing his usual stalwart role holding the ball up and winning free kicks, but not sure how we will fare when he runs out of steam.
LapelsToby

Postby LapelsToby » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:54 pm

WEYMOUTH 4 WEALDSTONE 0

For once I was grateful that fans were NOT allowed in attendance.
LapelsToby

Return to stonesnet forum