Woking Home 23/03/2021 LOST 0-1

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Woking Home 23/03/2021 LOST 0-1

Postby attic » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:51 pm

Royal Blue wrote:
worruz wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:perhaps fill the 5 month football void with something more interesting.

We're actively encouraging people to stop watching now.

Good times!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, watch these pre-season friendlies/test events by all means but there's no integrity with furlough, etc.

A substantial rebuild is required and is going on.

Keep Meekings, Smith, Mendy, Parrish and Okimo for left back, study the others..

Out of interest, those who are on furlough, would they have made a difference during the past two games? Poor old Moses spent most of his time chasing lost causes, Slew never really established himself. Apart from Meekings, who's injured and not furloughed, is there anyone who is furloughed who would make any difference?

Appears the only other club we've played that has furloughed en masse is Kings Lynn Town. At least we gave them a hammering.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:57 pm

attic wrote:
Out of interest, those who are on furlough, would they have made a difference during the past two games? Poor old Moses spent most of his time chasing lost causes, Slew never really established himself. Apart from Meekings, who's injured and not furloughed, is there anyone who is furloughed who would make any difference?

Appears the only other club we've played that has furloughed en masse is Kings Lynn Town. At least we gave them a hammering.

If the rest of the team is up to scratch, Moses is an asset. Out on his own, not so much. But who would be?

Ideally, I'd keep him too but I really don't know what kind of setup/playing style SM & MS are going for.
Royal Blue

Postby 61663 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:35 pm

BornundertheElmslie wrote:
John Young wrote:Whinging after every game from now till the end of the season IMO is a waste of time.

Remember, for 99% of our supporters their only contact with the club right now is what they are watching on the live stream. The majority have no idea what is and isn't going on behind the scenes, unlike those who are working for the club or attending on match days. So when the football is shit, they are going to whinge. And as I said at the weekend, that's a good thing because right now there is a big risk our newly acquired supporters stop caring and disconnect from the club. And then getting them back in the ground is going to be a whole lot harder. Personally I found it a bit disparaging when fans are told to stop moaning. It's football and the only thing that really matters to most is what happens on the bloody pitch.

Spot on response to a somewhat blind view of what a fans’ forum is / will be when the team plays appalling on the day / night ..... taking this ‘waste of time’ argument to its logical conclusion ..... may as well furlough the forum itself or put it into hibernation until the end of May or even better until the ‘real’ pre-season starts ..... after all its two months of ‘meaningless’ competition.

In fact this forum, thank goodness, has never been a ‘glee club’ with everybody singing the same hymns of perpetual positivity, even when the shit is / could be about to hit the fan...
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby worruz » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:23 pm

61663 wrote: even when the shit hit the fan...

That was Cantona wasn't it.

Only joking, I quite liked Cantona.

Cue KP...
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby TalkinStone » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:01 pm

Royal Blue wrote:
worruz wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:perhaps fill the 5 month football void with something more interesting.

We're actively encouraging people to stop watching now.

Good times!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, watch these pre-season friendlies/test events by all means but there's no integrity with furlough, etc.

A substantial rebuild is required and is going on.

Keep Meekings, Smith, Mendy, Parrish and Okimo for left back, study the others..

I'd keep Cawley who has improved and allows Okimo to play left back or provides cover if we sign a new left back. I'd also keep Ashley Charles.

Must be a risk Mendy leaves, Lewis I think is on a 2-year deal so will be with us next season and will hopefully apply himself better and contribute a lot more.

Agree the rest need to prove something for the rest of the season to be involved at this level next season.
TalkinStone

Postby worruz » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:03 pm

worruz wrote:
timfparks wrote:the BELTS, with their big backers, seem to sail on regardless,

Some of them appear to be in a ridiculous amount of debt though.

I know people trot out the old line about debt being ok as long as they are ok with servicing it, but surely there are enough examples of it biting clubs on the backside eventually.

And talking of BELTS Notts County have sacked Neil Ardley as manager.

Serves him right for beating us
Last edited by worruz on Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:29 pm

TalkinStone wrote:
I'd keep Cawley who has improved and allows Okimo to play left back or provides cover if we sign a new left back. I'd also keep Ashley Charles.

Must be a risk Mendy leaves, Lewis I think is on a 2-year deal so will be with us next season and will hopefully apply himself better and contribute a lot more.

Agree the rest need to prove something for the rest of the season to be involved at this level next season.

Maybe Cawley can make it and grow alongside an experienced centre half like Meekings. DB said signing good CBs was very difficult so perhaps.. Stevens’ bone bruising has kept him out the entire season to date so we can’t bank on him. Getting Meekings match fit is a priority. He’s the defensive leader we need.
Royal Blue

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum