Easter games: Bromley FT 2-2 DRAW

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Easter games: Bromley FT 2-2 DRAW

Postby Ronnie » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:16 pm

Ronnie

Postby Ronnie » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:40 pm

Players put in a good shift today, shame we couldn't hold on to 3 points - then again we were clinging on to 1 at the end so can't grumble. A point more than most would have expected.
Ronnie

Postby deadly » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:06 pm

Ronnie wrote:My photos from today's match

https://eglitephotos.smugmug.com/2020-2 ... Wealdstone

Nice set of pics again Ronnie...
but what do you mean by the caption on one of the after match pics: 'All over 2-2 fistbumps after the rather unpleasant words during the match?

I must have missed that watching the feed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
After the red card for Ashley Charles perhaps? He seemed to make a perfect challenge only to then get a second yellow for timewasting...
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Ronnie » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:31 pm

deadly wrote:
Ronnie wrote:My photos from today's match

https://eglitephotos.smugmug.com/2020-2 ... Wealdstone

Nice set of pics again Ronnie...
but what do you mean by the caption on one of the after match pics: 'All over 2-2 fistbumps after the rather unpleasant words during the match?

I must have missed that watching the feed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
After the red card for Ashley Charles perhaps? He seemed to make a perfect challenge only to then get a second yellow for timewasting...

The Bromley bench were as mouthy as they come, but over the top abusive, offering SM out amongst other antics, the 4th official had a tough time and the steward had to stand pitchside for awhile. Not helped by the fact that the technical area markings are as good as non-existent/faded away.
Ronnie

Postby attic » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:05 pm

Yes definitely some real aggression from their bench. I think though, this extra aggression is a feature of this level. We need to be looking at increasing our (controlled) aggression levels and physicality in general next season. Like many others Bromley were a team of giants who won the majority of headers and challenges.

Not bad today although we rode our luck a little in the second half. Thought Gondoh looked useful and took his goal really well. Also the young Hungerford lad looked full of beans when he came on. Would like to see him start against Barnet. Don't think there was any lack of effort from our team. All worked hard and gave their all.

Monday a must win regardless of present circumstances.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:25 pm

A wholly unexpected point on the road, and a good one.

More importantly the post match interview from Matt Saunders provides some much needed clarity, honesty and transparency about the situation we are in. He says our budget has been reduced by around 60% from earlier in the season.. we’re now operating with a wage bill that probably wouldn’t even be in the top 5 in the Isthmian League in a normal season. That for me puts things into perspective, however this insight and comms should be coming from the club, not left down to the assistant manager.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but the management team should have all of our backing right now given these crazy constraints in a division where some clubs are spending £1m a season..
BornundertheElmslie

Postby TalkinStone » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:24 pm

Good point and always going to be tough once they got one back.

One grumble is Matt Saunders interview.

I think Matt is a breath of fresh air but he doesn’t need to dig out the ‘old regime’. Dean won a championship and for all the problems this season took is to 2nd in the league. Stuart and Matt aren’t exactly ripping up trees and I definitely didn’t think we dominated for 50 mins against Solihull, we were abysmal and only Dennon’s poor effort when through can be registered as a threat. Get real or lose credibility.

Also the budget, we had 10 first team players in the squad today. Ross, Cawley, Mendy, Smith, Charles, Phillips, Green, Lewis, Dyer, Parrish. It’d be safe to say they cost £4K+ a week in wages even knowing we are low payers. Then there’s Isted, Harbottle, Fasamade and Gondoh, maybe they cost £500. That’s £4,500 plus whatever those not involved are costing us. There’s no way Dean was spending 2.5x that.

Anyway, beat Barnet and he can say what he likes.
TalkinStone

Postby Ronnie » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:24 am

I don't think he was necessarily digging out DB, merely stating that he had said the budget wasn't enough, and that is a matter of fact. I take the point about the 40%, doesn't look right regardless of the fact that Ross wasn't in the squad.Also agreed we didn't dominate against Solihull as he suggests, but we were certainly very much in the game 1st half.
Ronnie

Postby John Young » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:42 am

Personally thought MS interview was excellent and gave an insight to where club and playing side is at the moment. Talk i stone re budget think you are over estimating what currently is being spent, would expect all the loanees to be free or why furlough players (wouldn’t make any sense).
Money being saved hopefully will be able to help next season and from what was said planning has already started for next season. So yes 12 more tough games to go, but my thoughts are more on next season and try and bring positivity back in, it’s so easy to knock when things are tough and that is exactly the time you should be together.
A very rough year in our lives has just been completed, the club next season is in the highest echelons of non league football for a 2nd season job accomplished, our fantastic fans back, and a much improved ground. That is something to be proud of and we will go again as a new squad.
It is never going to be easy in this league with the finances available to other clubs, but the longer we can maintain our presence in the league , the more chance we should get for sponsorship and financing off the pitch.
Roll on next season , fortress vale with loud, noisy , fans pushing the team forwards. UTS
John Young

Postby breakspear stones » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:03 am

I agree with Matt Saunders in this interview but to say we not got a forward available & he has Danny Parrish sat on the bench , am I missing something ?

UTS
breakspear stones

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum