For all things Wealdstone FC

Stones 5 Harrow Council fc 1

Postby The Guvnor » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:10 pm

Nobody likes to see that.

UTS
The Guvnor

Re: Stones 5 Harrow Council fc 1

Postby charlie » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:15 pm

Harrow Council FC/Cuckoos in the Nest F.C/ Ignore building Regs F.C./Grounds too big for them F.C./ or just Scum F.C.

5 New Names for the opposition to ponder after a... 5(FIVE) goal drubbing. !!

Brownie Points Management/Squad..
charlie

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:48 pm

Glorious.

UTS
BornundertheElmslie

Postby worruz » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:54 pm

Good days work.

Could have been more as we seemed to take our foot off the gas in the last 15 when 5-1 up and they were pretty much in disarray when down to 10 and then 9 players.

They had a coupe of close shots in the first half they should have done better with and a one on one when it was 2-1 to us but tragically they couldn't capitalise :lol:

We've won so I can say this without it being sour grapes but the officials were appalling. The linesman clubhouse side was completely hopeless and couldn't even keep his flag in his hand. He was never in line with the last man all game.

The ref was constantly behind play and missed a blatant foul for a penalty in the first half and what looked like it should have been a sending off for a bad foul in the 2nd half. He sent off one of theirs after a hilarious melee. He must have blown his whistle 20 times while it was going on :lol:

6 subs a prolonged fight, a sending off and only three mins injury time played, not that it mattered.
I recall 15-20 odd years ago when I worked in Stevenage and used to take in the odd Conference game there I always envied them having such decent refs at that level.

They seemed to have gone backwards

Who knows what will happen in the summer re recruitment across the league but it wouldn't surprise me if they finish next season higher than us, so I'm making the most of this. Lord it while you can.

Still, its crappy our fans couldn't witness that. They were terrible. The number 5 epitomised agricultural.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby worruz » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:59 pm

Cawley was my MOM as well. I thought he was excellent.

Not sure how Lewis got it.

worruz

Postby warren » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:06 pm

Credit where credit is due Maynard managed that game really well. timing of sub was great

also great to see 2 young kids playing

The GK didnt look out of place and Hearn looked calm on teh ball when he came on

just a shame not to be there to give them barnet players a nice sendoff
warren

Postby charlie » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:20 pm

Not sure how you gave Cawley MOTM ....worruz?.... You must have been present ?... and saw from different view... than the streaming

Dennon ran the channels very well ,could of had a hat trick.. He was not only MOTM .. but our main continual attacking threat.

Big Jack has really improved... but unless he is heading the ball or sending long passes ....,his short game/lack of speed is a continual worry at times .
charlie

Postby Royal Blue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:21 pm

Very good bank holiday for the club - unbeaten. There's hope because whilst Barnet are awful, Bromley certainly aren't.

Well done to the MT and players..
Royal Blue

Postby worruz » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:37 pm

charlie wrote:Not sure how you gave Cawley MOTM ....worruz?.... You must have been present ?... and saw from different view... than the streaming

Dennon ran the channels very well ,could of had a hat trick.. He was not only MOTM .. but our main continual attacking threat.

Big Jack has really improved... but unless he is heading the ball or sending long passes ....,his short game/lack of speed is a continual worry at times .

I was present and did have a very good view thanks.

I like Lewis. He played ok but he does miss a lot of straightforward passes due to holding on for a bit too long or taking the wrong option. His team mates get very frustrated with him. The short time Parish was on he was spitting blood about the times he could have been put in.

I like defenders who can do the basics first and foremost and Cawley did that today. Its not just heading the ball away. He organised people around him today. With hardly any people in the ground you can see and hear that. He was also central in the sending off and was on a good wind up after the game so all good from me :lol:

worruz

Postby The Guvnor » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:42 pm

overall a decent performance, we looked a bit ragged at times but we are a long way from being a good side so I'll take that all day long. The players were up for it though, they knew it mattered and did everyone proud. Turning point was definitely the save Askew made at 2-1, rather than the Red card because that didn't seem to make a lot of difference. Dennon, MoM for me although agree he can be frustrating, scored 2 made the vital third and looked as though he should have won a penalty. Cawley has definitely improved but I think its the old Wealdstone weakness of building up a player to being something he's not. I guess like many I was a bit concerned that we had a young keeper making his debut but he made a few important saves and certainly didn't look out of place. Young Hearn also looked assured in his cameo towards the end. And after years of limp penalties by players various Mendy showed how it should be done. We've been poor at times this year but I don't think we've ever ended up looking as desperate a rabble as TK's All stars did towards the end.

UTS
The Guvnor

Next

Return to stonesnet forum