Stones 5 Harrow Council fc 1

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones 5 Harrow Council fc 1

Postby Bananas » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:45 pm

The Guvnor wrote:
John Young wrote:Guv Barnet player sent off because he put his head into Crawley. In the same scuffle their nos 40 who went off injured should have gone for grabbing 2 stones players around the neck and trying to force them down.

But my point is why on earth did the camera not follow the incident. Surely its of interest to everyone watching as its potentially a turning point of the game and at the very least a talking point. Its a scuffle which happens week in week out, not exactly one for Mary Whitehouse to get involved in. Even the holier than thou BBC would have shown it.

Maybe Tim Parks can answer that one because its beyond me.

Why would Tim know, he's just commentating, not operating the camera.

Anyhoo,
Nothing in it, the cameraman just missed what was happening that's all. He'd framed up on the guy about to take the free kick on the half way line and hadn't seen the handbags going off 50 yards away. It happens.

John was also right though, the 40 should have been off the park as well. How the ref missed that is beyond me. Obviously too busy playing a tune on his whistle at the time.
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby Stoney Ground » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:08 pm

Bananas wrote:
The Guvnor wrote:
John Young wrote:Guv Barnet player sent off because he put his head into Crawley. In the same scuffle their nos 40 who went off injured should have gone for grabbing 2 stones players around the neck and trying to force them down.

But my point is why on earth did the camera not follow the incident. Surely its of interest to everyone watching as its potentially a turning point of the game and at the very least a talking point. Its a scuffle which happens week in week out, not exactly one for Mary Whitehouse to get involved in. Even the holier than thou BBC would have shown it.

Maybe Tim Parks can answer that one because its beyond me.

Why would Tim know, he's just commentating, not operating the camera.

Anyhoo,
Nothing in it, the cameraman just missed what was happening that's all. He'd framed up on the guy about to take the free kick on the half way line and hadn't seen the handbags going off 50 yards away. It happens.

John was also right though, the 40 should have been off the park as well. How the ref missed that is beyond me. Obviously too busy playing a tune on his whistle at the time.

It’s happened on every occasion this season panning away from skirmishes.
Stoney Ground

Postby BillyByrneFan » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:11 pm

I don't think it's a case of the cameraman missing it, it must be company policy to avoid any fracas. It happened in a few pre-seasons and pretty sure in the league since. The camera actually swings away from the action and settles in a safe space.
BillyByrneFan

Postby worruz » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:19 pm

If they are panning away from incidents do we have anyone else filming?

We may need film to get someone off a ban one day?
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby Bananas » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:24 pm

Well if it is policy, it's certainly news to me. Never been spoken about as far as I know.

I'll ask at the next home game a find out the "official" line and if so, who's policy it is. Would only be a club, league or (unlikely) BT Sport decision. Fisticuffs are part of the game after all, especially when cards get dished out.
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby deadly » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:31 pm

worruz wrote:If they are panning away from incidents do we have anyone else filming?

We may need film to get someone off a ban one day?

A good point.

I imagine the company (FC Video?) do not want to be in the position of having been paid by club A to film a match between club A and club B, for then a player or legal representative of club B to request a copy of the match film where a player from club A could receive a ban and fine or even be legally obliged to hand over footage that could be crucial in a possible court case that could cost club A or a player of club A thousands of pounds in damages.

From a fan's point of view, we all want to see close-ups of any and all punch ups of course... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Bananas » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:38 pm

OK I've had confirmation.

Apparently, in pre-season there was an altercation on the pitch, and our Chairman requested that the camera turn away, and ever since that's what the camera operator has done as there's been no instruction from Rory to do anything else.

And that's the current policy.

***edit*** BTW it obviously was news to me.
Bananas

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:48 pm

Bananas wrote:OK I've had confirmation.

Apparently, in pre-season there was an altercation on the pitch, and our Chairman requested that the camera turn away, and ever since that's what the camera operator has done as there's been no instruction from Rory to do anything else.

It looked a very deliberate decision to avoid the fracas, either that or Rigor Mortis had taken hold of the camera operator.
The Guvnor

Postby Bananas » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:54 pm

The Guvnor wrote:

It looked a very deliberate decision to avoid the fracas, either that or Rigor Mortis had taken hold of the camera operator.

Um...as I said...it's current club policy.
Bananas

Postby BillyByrneFan » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:58 pm

***edit*** BTW it obviously was news to me.

Thanks for clearing that up Bananas.
BillyByrneFan

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum