Club meetings - Shareholders meetings and fan meetings

For all things Wealdstone FC

Club meetings - Shareholders meetings and fan meetings

Postby worruz » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:04 pm

I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Re: Club meetings - Shareholders meetings and fan meetings

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:22 pm

Great that the club are doing this, timely as the season starts to wind down and thoughts turn to the next campaign. It'll be good to get some insight into SM and MS plans for rebuilding the squad and to hear from Rory how the club are thinking about growing revenues/investment to allow us to be competitive at this level.

Questions can be emailed to seasontickets@wealdstonefc.com in advance.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby Ronnie » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:10 am

Good initiative.

A couple of questions on this:

will the public ones be available on catch up for those unable to view at the allotted tine?

given that the supporters club is a major shareholder, how does the committee intend to engage with its members beforehand?
Ronnie

Postby Bananas » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:19 am

Ronnie wrote:given that the supporters club is a major shareholder, how does the committee intend to engage with its members beforehand?

Same way it does every year I would assume.
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby Bananas » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:10 pm

So, the shareholders meeting.
As far as I understand it...

It is a meeting to discuss and ask questions about the club's proposal to take out the loan that is on offer. During the meeting there will be a presentation of the 2020 accounts to assist shareholders in coming to an informed decision.
It is not either an AGM or an EGM.

However, at some time in the near future there will be an EGM called where the club will propose the actual criteria of the conditions of the loan etc.
However that EGM won't be held with shareholders in attendance or virtually online. Votes will have to be cast for/against the proposal either by post or email in advance.

Therefore if you want to be informed of exactly what the proposal is, and ask questions about it, you have to do it at the upcoming shareholders meeting as there won't be any possibility of doing so after then.

Once the SH meeting is concluded, at some time in the near future, the club will inform all SHs what the actual proposal is, and ask for them to vote on it.

Well that's how I read it anyway. With all due respect, the wording used by the club (and also in the email by the SC to it's members) to describe what the meeting is all about was as clear as Nutella in my opinion.

Of course I could be wrong if someone else knows better.
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby Whatmough » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:50 pm

Ronnie wrote:Good initiative.

A couple of questions on this:

will the public ones be available on catch up for those unable to view at the allotted tine?

given that the supporters club is a major shareholder, how does the committee intend to engage with its members beforehand?

1) Yes, looking to record the meeting and post at a later date.

2) Looking to set up our own Zoom meeting before the EGM to get the opinion of WFCSC members before voting.
Whatmough

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:20 pm

Very good Meet the Management team session tonight. Really pleased for the club that it was so well attended too with over 80 people taking part, a real mix of long time fans, families and youngsters.

Lots of information but the key points seemed to be
- between 7 to 10 of the current squad expected to be retained. Deals agreed or nearly agreed with 5 of them already. Management team believe with a full preseason and more contact time they can get more out of the current squad. Betting on their ability to coach and improve the players
- In discussions with a striker who could net 20 goals at this level, plays in a similar style to Lafayette
- Going to be using the loan market heavily again next season but looking to have players in for 6 months minimum
- Not going hybrid or full time as it will restrict the players we can sign. However, SM and MS will be holding a day time training session every Tuesday for those players that are available. That's a good step forward IMHO and starts the journey towards full time
- SM and MS clearly very astute tactically and know their stuff. Not sure I've ever heard a Stones management team talk so clearly about systems and tactics, I hope it has a positive impact on the squad
- Bringing in a Forwards coach and a GK coach. GK coach is someone who has played at the highest level
- Hoping Mendy will be with us next season
- Some other stuff about growing revenues including exploring 3G (subject to lease) and growing the academy further

Well worth attending. Should be alot of info on what is going on behind the scenes from Rory next week, definitely attend if you can.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby worruz » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:13 pm

Good summary from BUTE.

One important point missed.

Jon Taffel's cat was the highlight of the meeting.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby Stoney Ground » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:22 pm

worruz wrote:Good summary from BUTE.

One important point missed.

Jon Taffel's cat was the highlight of the meeting.

You missed Kaiser getting in on the act then.
Stoney Ground

Postby attic » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:44 pm

Interesting points regarding squad retention. I'd like to presume out of the '7-10' possibles for next season that incudes Harbottle, Meekings Olowu and Langston. The latter three will have to prove their fitness of course but I believe all are very capable of playing at this level.

Glad the management are going to take pre season extremely seriously. Lets be frank last summer it was appalling. As a club we've had a bit of history with pre season lethargy so lets put that right this time. Its not necessarily just results that matter, but performances and patterns of play. Last pre season we were getting out run, outmuscled and out played by Conference South sides which was never a good sign.

They spoke well throughout but ultimately will be judged on recruitment and results from next season on.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Next

Return to stonesnet forum