So what next ahead of the 2021/22 season

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: So what next ahead of the 2021/22 season

Postby Bowgetstone » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:09 am

The top priority in my opinion, is to appoint an experienced manager.
Bowgetstone

Postby charlie » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:29 am

Chairman played a blinder. His appointment of DB got Wealdstone to the top table.

Unbelievable for a club ...on its knees.. homeless for 22 years.. and still basically on its knees.

Can not see any new appointment . Fans run club, and they will play a big part next season.

Might be favourites next season for relegation ..but lets just see....... Top Table Wealdstone.

"Have you been drinking again" charlie? .... Meee no !
charlie

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:37 am

Bowgetstone wrote:The top priority in my opinion, is to appoint an experienced manager.

Exactly that, and it should have happened 3 months ago.

At least by now you would have seen the shoots of a more positive style of play and something to work with. Right now, even accepting its difficult times for the MT the football side is a total disaster. I wonder what pages of the coaching manual were used yesterday ?

I don't have any faith whatsoever that they have the experience or nous to turn it around.

I doubt I'm alone in that and why wait until 6-8 weeks into next season before making the change when its pretty obvious where this is going to end up right now.

As I said a few weeks ago our Board have been exemplary in everything they've done so far but this appointment really needs to be revisited ASAP.

As things stand the club will struggle with ST sales, and other income streams during the Summer. Fans are not stupid, of course there is a hardcore who will do what they've always done but its the floaters who bulk up the numbers and they will be watching with keen interest. Its not like the old days with £125 ST's when people just bought one out of loyalty and attended when they could. Its a more expensive product as it should be at NL level but if a large proportion of the fan base is thinking whats the point if we're just going to roll over every week then we have a problem.

Supporters need something to hang onto and right now theres nothing.
The Guvnor

Postby Royal Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:46 am

I get the doubt, I really do and in some respects I would have expected to have seen more progress - BUT we should get behind SM & MS because they'll be here next season even if we lose all the next 2020 league fixtures. They'll get their initial 10 games of 2021/22 to prove themselves.

Yes, I would have fancied an experienced manager at this level but that's gone - the decision has been made.

There's a dynamic here which on the one hand is - we are putting out a team to compete. But I don't think we are - there's something else going on. Why would you start with Lo-Everton & Parrish on the bench. Just why would you do that, it's madness.

The alternative theory is that SM & MS really are clueless, which I don't really want to believe.
Royal Blue

Postby Bowgetstone » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:56 am

Royal Blue wrote:I get the doubt, I really do and in some respects I would have expected to have seen more progress - BUT we should get behind SM & MS because they'll be here next season even if we lose all the next 2020 league fixtures. They'll get their initial 10 games of 2021/22 to prove themselves.

Yes, I would have fancied an experienced manager at this level but that's gone - the decision has been made.

There's a dynamic here which on the one hand is - we are putting out a team to compete. But I don't think we are - there's something else going on. Why would you start with Lo-Everton & Parrish on the bench. Just why would you do that, it's madness.

The alternative theory is that SM & MS really are clueless, which I don't really want to believe.

You may not want to believe it ,RB, but it’s true. The warning signs were there after their first match, when they-fielded the same side as the one which had been stuffed the previous week.
Bowgetstone

Postby Royal Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:07 pm

Hmm yeah, the old Darlington disaster, not forgotten that.

Well, I cannot fathom then why Rory would appoint people not up to it when we've been through this shit show of a pandemic year and are gifted a golden second chance in the NL. And on top of that, partly funding the operation with long-term debt.

No, I'm not ready to believe that really Mr B - it's club suicide.
Royal Blue

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:18 pm

Royal Blue wrote:The alternative theory is that SM & MS really are clueless, which I don't really want to believe.

The problem is when a team capitulates as often as ours you know there a serious issues within the playing side. Its more than just having inferior players.

Sides that are not good enough may get the odd stuffing but its happening to us most weeks.

Conceding 7 at home is embarrassing, no matter who you are playing and I'd be very disappointed if the Board didnt at the very least have a serious chat with the MT. It cannot be allowed to pass unchallenged.

Difficult to see any positives right now.
The Guvnor

Postby FGW » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:08 am

I see a number of the 'locals' are expressing their concerns via the Ruislip Community Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/664328316927138 over the planned 6 week 'event' in Jul and Aug at The Vale -

Interesting to understand how this 'event' may impact pre-season preparation and the start of the NL 2021/22 season on 21 Aug....
FGW

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:04 am

FGW wrote:I see a number of the 'locals' are expressing their concerns via the Ruislip Community Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/664328316927138 over the planned 6 week 'event' in Jul and Aug at The Vale -

Interesting to understand how this 'event' may impact pre-season preparation and the start of the NL 2021/22 season on 21 Aug....

I think it's great that the club are thinking innovatively about how to create new revenue streams, if this is a success it will generate much needed income in advance of next season. However, it's really pissed off alot of local residents - the very people we're relying on to actually attend. They've got a petition running heading towards 500 signatures already.

https://www.change.org/p/boris-johnson- ... 59308b1f85

..and the comments are worth a read too
https://www.change.org/p/boris-johnson- ... fun-fair/c
BornundertheElmslie

Postby Royal Blue » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:46 am

BornundertheElmslie wrote:
FGW wrote:I see a number of the 'locals' are expressing their concerns via the Ruislip Community Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/664328316927138 over the planned 6 week 'event' in Jul and Aug at The Vale -

..and the comments are worth a read too
https://www.change.org/p/boris-johnson- ... fun-fair/c

Nobody would want a funfair running until 9pm in their back yard for SIX weeks. Difficult this one.
Royal Blue

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum