So what next ahead of the 2021/22 season

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: So what next ahead of the 2021/22 season

Postby timfparks » Thu May 06, 2021 10:56 pm

Royal Blue wrote:
worruz wrote:
08masonl wrote:With all the restrictions going away in June (fingers crossed) does that mean fans are back in August?

The sooner people are safer across the whole planet though the better for everyone.

There's nothing much safe about planet Earth, its pretty much done - the last 100 years particularly has seen to that. In as little as 200,000 years, since humans 'arrived', we have f*cked it large. I understand Wealdstone was part of some enormous ancient forest stretching up toward the Shires, not that long ago. We are now looking to rinse Mars..

That said, I'm looking forward to the odd Wealdstone day out - Southend particularly - we'll make some noise there and we'll forget our problems for 3-4 hours. And if we win, partay...like it's 1999.

Billy Clifford to curl in the winner - off the post.. in front of 400 (yes fully 400) pissed up and raucous Stones. Wouldn't that be nice.

What a lovely thought (although no Billy Clifford next season as he is on contract at Havant). I was watching some old Dagenham v Stones games as 'prep' for Saturday's encounter and marvelled at our following for the FA Cup game there in 2016. Not longer after followed the trip to Southport. Be great to replicate those days out again
timfparks

Postby worruz » Fri May 07, 2021 9:06 am

Royal Blue wrote:
There's nothing much safe about planet Earth, its pretty much done - the last 100 years particularly has seen to that. In as little as 200,000 years, since humans 'arrived', we have f*cked it large. I understand Wealdstone was part of some enormous ancient forest stretching up toward the Shires, not that long ago. We are now looking to rinse Mars..

....And that's Royal Blue there bringing the mood up on this beautiful Bank Holiday afternoon.

Hope you're all enjoying yourselves in the Sun out there, and to keep you even more happy and chilled as you reach for that last gin and tonic before you think about going back to work tomorrow here's Chicago with 'If you leave me now'.....
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby charlie » Fri May 07, 2021 11:01 am

Up yours Worruz.... I am retarded !

Long Live Royal Blue and the Stones.

Sweet Caroline.
charlie

Postby worruz » Fri May 07, 2021 11:37 am

charlie wrote:Up yours Worruz.... I am retarded !

Sweet Caroline.

Anyone?
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby Stoney Ground » Fri May 07, 2021 11:50 am

worruz wrote:
charlie wrote:Up yours Worruz.... I am retarded !

Sweet Caroline.

Anyone?

Nurse, Nurse medication required.
Stoney Ground

Postby charlie » Fri May 07, 2021 12:43 pm

I think poor charlie meant to say he was retired.

God bless him.
charlie

Postby Royal Blue » Fri May 07, 2021 5:55 pm

worruz wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:

....And that's Royal Blue there bringing the mood up on this beautiful Bank Holiday afternoon.

Hope you're all enjoying yourselves in the Sun out there, and to keep you even more happy and chilled as you reach for that last gin and tonic before you think about going back to work tomorrow here's Chicago with 'If you leave me now'.....

Just stay safe out there..
Royal Blue

Postby FGW » Wed May 12, 2021 10:45 am

FGW wrote:In terms of revenue generation the club must look to bring on board new money as well as financial support from the RSC and the fan base. Introduction of a Club Membership scheme (paid via monthly DD just like your Gas and Electricity) could go some way to help cash flow. .

Good to see the 2021/22 Club Membership flyer on page 5 of the Dagenham/Bromley Match Programme... :shock:
FGW

Postby BillyByrneFan » Wed May 12, 2021 2:28 pm

Royal Blue wrote:Haven't seen us play for so long - just wondering.. is Askew good enough to be a starter next season? I've heard some positive comments on social media.

It only dawned on me, watching the Bromley game last night, that Jake has never played in front of a crowd. How is he going to react when fans are allowed in, and I mean away games, or next season when he's getting a verbal battering from BELT fans, home and away? We all know what fans behind the goal can be like and have seen seasoned old pros come apart.
BillyByrneFan

Postby chewie » Thu May 13, 2021 7:59 pm

Abo Eisa released by Scunthorpe.......
chewie

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum