Maidenhead Home 20/04/2021 LOST 0-6

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Maidenhead Home 20/04/2021 LOST 0-6

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:58 am

West End Stone wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:I suspect Rory's main wish as he and the board develop investment in the club is - just keep the scores respectable.

He needs to sack Maynard NOW NOW NOW!!!!! These so called investor types they know a lost cause when they see one. Maybe they can invest a load of money into paying off the managements sacking payment so we can get someone else in!! Even Bobby the Bumpkin would do better than these two clowns!!!! Ooooohhh Arrrghhhhhh!!!

Well, 16 goals conceded in 3 isn't respectable - despite finishing the season on the cheap. I understand Woking are having similar problems with player motivation and have lost 6 of their last 7.

I think this just makes the MTs job bigger in the recruitment sense.

Let's hope that's the worst of the score-lines this season and that we restore some pride soon - because whilst losing games is to be expected atm - I agree with the sentiment of others, that the manner of it recently isn't doing the club any favours.
Royal Blue

Postby worruz » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:11 pm

Royal Blue wrote:
West End Stone wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:I suspect Rory's main wish as he and the board develop investment in the club is - just keep the scores respectable.

He needs to sack Maynard NOW NOW NOW!!!!! These so called investor types they know a lost cause when they see one. Maybe they can invest a load of money into paying off the managements sacking payment so we can get someone else in!! Even Bobby the Bumpkin would do better than these two clowns!!!! Ooooohhh Arrrghhhhhh!!!

Well, 16 goals conceded in 3 isn't respectable - despite finishing the season on the cheap. I understand Woking are having similar problems with player motivation and have lost 6 of their last 7.

I think this just makes the MTs job bigger in the recruitment sense.

Let's hope that's the worst of the score-lines this season and that we restore some pride soon - because whilst losing games is to be expected atm - I agree with the sentiment of others, that the manner of it recently isn't doing the club any favours.

Woking's last 8 league games have seen them lose six, draw one and win one.

Who was it they won against again?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby TalkinStone » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:56 pm

Losing 7-2 on Saturday can in some small way be seen as something that happens now and again and when you take into account confidence, player availability, form etc. maybe not 100% unexpected that we COULD end up on the wrong end of a thumping at some stage but last night - absolutely indefensible.

Totally agree furlough is a red herring, yes we'd be stronger with a couple of those players back but as has been said, a large chunk of last nights side have been involved in games where we competed and picked up points. Yes, the game looked even until the first goal, we looked like we might get back in the game until the second but after that, words fail me.

The players gave up and the management team, professional pride and character failed to lead to any spirit or fight.

We all acknowledge that the circumstances are very unfavourable but that group of players should not be losing like that against a team of the same level, regardless of Maidenhead being more seasoned, experienced, physical etc. The players went missing and it's very hard to see performances and results changing without some form of intervention.

One thing to bear in mind is that when things aren't working Rory and the Board have typically acted and I suspect they will again if they don't believe the current structure will work into next season.

I doubt this is an easy time for anyone involved at the club, management, fans, management and I sincerely hope the players feel it too.
TalkinStone

Postby Royal Blue » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:04 pm

The highlights are up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acHnBrn_E-Q

We noticeably leave the stage at 0-3. Gone. As in gone gone.. Olowu in particular.

Stu/Matt, I'm available for Aldershot at RB. Only looking for a clean sheet bonus - a glass of generic red wine will suffice!
Royal Blue

Postby attic » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:03 pm

Did a 5k earlier so may be able to come on for the last 20 minutes to shore things up and maybe keep it below double figures...
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby BillyByrneFan » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:24 pm

Royal Blue wrote:The highlights are up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acHnBrn_E-Q

We noticeably leave the stage at 0-3. Gone. As in gone gone.. Olowu in particular.

Stu/Matt, I'm available for Aldershot at RB. Only looking for a clean sheet bonus - a glass of generic red wine will suffice!

I haven't been impressed with Olowu at all. Ponderous I would've called him before this game but he was just out and out sub standard. I know he's a centre back by nature but there was no evidence he could play. He wasn't on his own but the lad's just been let go by Arsenal, you'd think he would want to put himself in the shop window.
BillyByrneFan

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum