Michael Phillips

For all things Wealdstone FC

Michael Phillips

Postby attic » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:26 pm

Rumours on twitter that Michael Phillips has left the club. Key player in our title season. I suppose from his point of view, if you can't make the starting XI in a team that loses 6-0 to Maidenhead then what's the point?

Still here? Gone? Going?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Re: Michael Phillips

Postby BillyByrneFan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:39 pm

Blimey, just assumed he was carrying a knock, like Green and Smith last night.
BillyByrneFan

Postby worruz » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:10 pm

He was absolutely dreadful on Saturday. I saw him arrive at the ground last night but not even sure if he made the match squad or not.

I'll always be grateful to him for what he did in the promotion season. I'll always be grateful to all of that squad and the management team who got us to our highest level in 32 years but things move on.

Thats how it goes.

This is what makes the way things panned out last summer even more disappointing. It would have been nice if they'd been given a proper ovation for the title but it couldn't happen sadly.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby charlie » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:48 pm

Good News.... sadly the start of many.

Manager has lost the dressing room.... ( or has he ?)...but will the board ,who are getting bored ..like the rest of us.. react..... (No!)

We have never experienced anything like this, even when we were relegated from the conference way back.
charlie

Postby John Young » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:31 am

Last season was part of an excellent midfield and played several other roles and contributed a few goals. This season been used in several positions, but week by week I personally feel he is one of the players whose attitude has become not bothered, certainly feel not giving 100%and against Hartlepool was awful, lack of discipline and effort.
I thank him for all effort of last season and early part of this, but players come and go and I think Mike needs a new challenge. Wealdstone need commuted players next season so as they say out with the old in with the new. I want to see commitment, don’t like losing , accept we will but as long as everyone has given it their best then ok, that is what has not been there in last 2 games.
John Young

Postby attic » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:53 pm

Maybe he's not gone anywhere?? Winning goal on Saturday.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Return to stonesnet forum