Page 1 of 1

Truro - 5 years

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:40 pm
by worruz
Just come up on my Facebook timeline that I was doing my mini tour of Cornwall 5 years ago today, with the game being 5 years tomorrow. I'd forgotten it was 5 years already.
It was Mark Gill and Leo Morris' last game as coaches as well.

That's gone really quick, but if you think about it a lot has happened to the club in that time :shock:

Two new Chairman.

Managers gone and come - GB, BW, DB and now SM.

Promotion to the National league and two new stands and various other works around the ground.

FA trophy semi plus play offs and ridiculous levels of travelling support being brought to different away games.

Global pandemic resulting in this sh1t show of a season we've seen this year.

Anyway, I consoled myself by reading this thread below and looking through mine and other #stonesontour tweets.

Shame that booklet never happened. I reckon it would have been good.

http://www.wealdstonefc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9773&sid=93f6a17405dee27228c5b00120c043f5

Re: Truro - 5 years

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:50 pm
by attic
I loved that trip.

The first one was actually the last game of the season wasn't it? Didn't We release Ball, Jefferson L and Scott D right after the game?

The second one was the one where we very much put ourselves into play off contention. Didn't Hamblin score?

The third one was the one where they tried to stiff us with a postponement but the specially appointed senior referee had none of it. Pratt scored a brace.

The fourth was midweek with about 50 lunatics making their way down there for a Danny Green inspired 2-1 win.

Re: Truro - 5 years

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:55 pm
by deadly
attic wrote:I loved that trip.

The first one was actually the last game of the season wasn't it? Didn't We release Ball, Jefferson L and Scott D right after the game?

The second one was the one where we very much put ourselves into play off contention. Didn't Hamblin score?

The third one was the one where they tried to stiff us with a postponement but the specially appointed senior referee had none of it. Pratt scored a brace.

The fourth was midweek with about 50 lunatics making their way down there for a Danny Green inspired 2-1 win.


Tue 5 Feb 2019Vanarama National League South Away
W2 - 1
Att: 251
Smith (P), Green


Sat 1 Sep 2018Vanarama National League South Home
W3 - 0
Att: 783
Bubb (2). Hudson-Odio

Sat 10 Feb 2018Vanarama National League South Away
W3 - 1
Att: 391
Pratt 2 , Green (P)


Sat 21 Oct 2017Vanarama National League South Home
W2 - 1
Att: 817
Eisa (2)

Sat 11 Mar 2017Vanarama National League South Away
W2 - 1
Att: 411
White, Hamblin


Sat 24 Sep 2016Vanarama National League South Home
L1 - 2
Att: 703
Benyon

Sat 30 Apr 2016Vanarama National League South Away
W2 - 1
Att: 717
Louis 2 (1P)


Sat 6 Feb 2016Vanarama National League South Home
D4 - 4
Att: 606
Ball, Louis, Harriett, OG

Sat 17 Apr 1954Friendly Away

Re: Truro - 5 years

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:09 pm
by worruz
attic wrote:The first one was actually the last game of the season wasn't it? Didn't We release Ball, Jefferson L and Scott D right after the game?

Yes, that's why I said it was Mark Gill and Leo Morris last game.

Why you no risten?

On a serious note when the team came over at the end and I nabbed Jefferson's shirt he told me then it was his last game. He seemed peed off. I'm not sure when he was told but he knew before the game.

Re: Truro - 5 years

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:16 pm
by worruz
deadly wrote:
Tue 5 Feb 2019Vanarama National League South Away
W2 - 1
Att: 251
Smith (P), Green


Over one fifth of the crowd at a midweek league game over 250 miles from home in February.

Impressive!

Re: Truro - 5 years

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:07 pm
by BillyByrneFan
Thanks for reprising that forum thread Worruz, It brought back the excitement of seeing the tweets of everyone making their way down, the weekend itself, which immediately entered into Wealdstone folklore and the memories it generated.

Re: Truro - 5 years

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:12 am
by worruz
BillyByrneFan wrote:Thanks for reprising that forum thread Worruz, It brought back the excitement of seeing the tweets of everyone making their way down, the weekend itself, which immediately entered into Wealdstone folklore and the memories it generated.


Yes, its a Wealdstone classic and will be mentioned in books in the years to come just like the SW tour of the 1950s.